yes! they are worth 3x their price, ive played a patriot q and a patriot shadow, wonderful guitars, im not exactly much for the thinner neck, but if you'd be into something like that, go for it
dean ML metalman bass
dean cadillac special-tiger eye-...
...saving for
Yea. I dunno, they look/feel awesome. I'm just trying to figure out why more people don't own them?
Quote by thfc1799
Yea. I dunno, they look/feel awesome. I'm just trying to figure out why more people don't own them?

Not very well known, for that money people rather buy Fender/Epiphone. Mainly just because they say 'Fender' or 'Epiphone.' They don't now anyone who owns one so they never hear anything about them
Weekend Warrior
Not well known?
Those things are at almost every shop I go to.
They're not bad for the price at all.
I've only seen one store carrying them. It was a little mom and pop store... the pictures really don't do these guitars justice. The inlays are gorgeous.
Quote by caraluzzo
Not well known?
Those things are at almost every shop I go to.
They're not bad for the price at all.

Just because they're at the store doesn't make them well-known. Beign aknowleged by guitar stores doesn't equal popularity.
Weekend Warrior
Hey man I've got a michael kelly patriot hot rod.. it plays very nice, and its totally worth the money.

-Niels
Been considering a MK as my next new purchase. Almost had a hot rod, but would love the phoenix as well. Seem to be very nice, but... no dealers up here.
Main Gear
Hagstrom Select Swede- Fender C600 (modded of course) - Peavey PV8
Main Effects
- DSP2024P - MT-2 - Yamaha CO-10M - MXR Phase 90 - BBE Stinger - Ibanez BCL Bi-Mode Chorus
Awesome Guitars, tough to beat for the price. These are my personal fav MK's:

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
At first I just thought these were going to be mediocre, until I finally got my hands on one and they are great!!!! Sooner or later I'll add one to my collection. I am hoping to score a mint used one someplace if I can but, if I see one I just cant pass on I'll pay the price. The new pricing is resonable by far but I like a bargain. LOL
The Deluxe series are a great competitor with the Schecter Hellraiser series.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
A friend of mine has a Michael Kelly guitar, and while I can't play it because I'm left handed, he says it plays great.
I do own a Michael Kelly mandolin and it is definitely a well made instrument.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I've been interested in trying one of these out myself. I found one once, however didn't have the money to buy it at the time. Was a nice spalted maple topped model. Played and sounded quite nice.

Here's a link to a video of someone playing the model on the OP's post.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Michael Kelly makes some very good electric guitars for the price. I had a Valor Limited and really liked it but the one complaint I did have with it was the weight. It was VERY heavy...kind of like the old Les Pauls...to the point where it would be uncomfortable on my neck and back if I played standing up a lot. I eventually got rid of it for that reason and found something lighter. If it weren't for the weight, I would have kept it for sure. It has great components for the price...Grover tuners, SWC pickups, Tune-o-matic bridge...all for around $450. The fit and finish is all top-rate.

I'm not sure about the weight of the other models but the Valor Limited is very heavy. Some people don't mind the weight issue but I just thought I'd post that. Other than that, it's an awesome guitar for the money. I miss mine in a way. If it were lighter I would've kept it for sure. They could easily sell these for $600-$800 and it would still be a fair price. The workmanship is very good and the tone is great.
Awesome. Looks like I'll be picking one of these up in the next couple weeks. Appreciate the responses!
Quote by thfc1799
Awesome. Looks like I'll be picking one of these up in the next couple weeks. Appreciate the responses!

Good deal...just try to look at it in person so you can get a feel for the weight. I'm not joking, the Valor Limited I used to play weighed a TON. I wish I would have weighed it before I sold it but my estimate is between 8 and 10 pounds. After 2-3 songs I had to sit down because my neck and shoulder were starting to hurt. Other than that, they are awesome guitars...in truth, I really miss mine. If it were lighter I would've kept it for sure.
Last edited by stevem326 at Nov 12, 2008,
Awesome guitars.
Was going to get a patriot custom but ended up getting a valor custom instead.
Well built, and sounds amazing.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by stevem326
Good deal...just try to look at it in person so you can get a feel for the weight. I'm not joking, the Valor Limited I used to play weighed a TON. I wish I would have weighed it before I sold it but my estimate is between 8 and 10 pounds. After 2-3 songs I had to sit down because my neck and shoulder were starting to hurt. Other than that, they are awesome guitars...in truth, I really miss mine. If it were lighter I would've kept it for sure.

Heh, then don't buy hagstroms then, the Select swede I have is heavier than that. That's a real neck killer that one. A lot of wood in that one...
Main Gear
Main Effects
- DSP2024P - MT-2 - Yamaha CO-10M - MXR Phase 90 - BBE Stinger - Ibanez BCL Bi-Mode Chorus
I'm wondering what you guys think of the Michael Kelly Vex NV http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/vex_nv.html

I was thinking of getting an ESP LTD H-500 http://espguitars.com/guitars_h.html, but this Michael Kelly line caught my eye seeing as the Vex NV costs about only $650.

I need a guitar that can do mainly death metal and thrash well. Does anybody know how good the Rockfield Mafia pickups are?

EDIT- Also, how's the neck on the Vex, thin/thick?
Last edited by eddiethehead888 at Nov 13, 2008,
It looks nice, but, it's a 25 1/2 neck and 24 frets. For me, I'm sticking with a patriot, as it's what I'm use to. The other is the Hex, which from what I have read, people have problems with solo stuff as the frets are pretty tough to get it with that design.
Main Gear
Main Effects
One of my best friends who is also the guitarist I play with is named Michael Kelly...? I realize this doesn't help at all but I thought it was an odd coincidence seeing as how he's a guitarist too. :]

Honestly, I know nothing of these guitars so I can't give you any valid advice but damn, they sure do look good
Quote by Øttər
The MG isn't an amplifier, it's a box filled with angry, angry bees.

XD

The junk in my trunk:
Guitar: Dean Vendetta 1
Amp: 15W Line 6 Spider III amp
Effects Gear: Boss Metal Zone MT-2 Distortion Pedal.

Next Guitar: LTD M-1000
They are great for the money. Check out the patriot black. Or any of them with the rockfield pickups in them. The rockfields alone are worth the price. Very versatile and can rock anything from jazz to metal!
Quote by eddiethehead888
I'm wondering what you guys think of the Michael Kelly Vex NV http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/vex_nv.html

I was thinking of getting an ESP LTD H-500 http://espguitars.com/guitars_h.html, but this Michael Kelly line caught my eye seeing as the Vex NV costs about only $650.

I need a guitar that can do mainly death metal and thrash well. Does anybody know how good the Rockfield Mafia pickups are?

EDIT- Also, how's the neck on the Vex, thin/thick?

I think the mafia set is EXCELLENT for Trash, i tried them out in a nato body bc rich through a Valveking and it sounded suprisingly amazing, i recommend you try them out.

They do have kind of a mid bump and not that super hi gain so im not sure how good they would be for death metal, but for trash i cannot recommend them enough.

Check out some clips at the rockfield website.
I have another question about the patriot glory (black guitar pictured on the first page). It states on the website that it has a flat black finish. However, all of the pictures that I see of it are glossy? Anyone know what the deal is?
Last edited by thfc1799 at Nov 14, 2008,
Whoa the prices in the UK arn't half bad too, Hex Deluxe for £499 delivered, Shame i cant try one locally.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
I have a patriot custom. My buddy's a guitar tech he checked it out for me and said it was really awesome. It is probably one of the best guitars in it's price range. Pickups are ok, but pups are replaceble but wood quality isn't so this git is definetly a great choice.