I'm in a dilemma as to what tubes to get. I know my tubes and all but I don't know which brand to get to find the sound I'm looking for. I have a valveking with a classic lead 80 and I know I'm going to get JJ12ax7's for the preamp, but what 6L6's should I get (or 6L6 substitute)? I'm looking for a really punchy 80's ish sound. Thanks.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Quote by EVH92
I'm in a dilemma as to what tubes to get. I know my tubes and all but I don't know which brand to get to find the sound I'm looking for. I have a valveking with a classic lead 80 and I know I'm going to get JJ12ax7's for the preamp, but what 6L6's should I get (or 6L6 substitute)? I'm looking for a really punchy 80's ish sound. Thanks.

TO be honest man, tubes are just tubes. I went threw that whole phase of, oh god which ones to get?!! You know what, I still have the stock Mesa tubes in mine. Now when they shit out thats one thing, im just saying dont waste so much time worrying about them. If you want the absolute best though, Go to Tubedepot.com And look for the Black Sable Crio tubes or soemthing like that, expensive as shit but their really good.
Quote by EVH92
Any 6L6 will do, preamp tubes have a far greater affect on an amps tone than poweramp tubes do.
For 6L6's look into JJ's, Svetlana, Tungsol, Mesa/Sovtek
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Try the E34L's for an 80's sound, as most 80's sounds came from modded Marshalls
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by MetalGear1786
TO be honest man, tubes are just tubes. I went threw that whole phase of, oh god which ones to get?!! You know what, I still have the stock Mesa tubes in mine. Now when they shit out thats one thing, im just saying dont waste so much time worrying about them. If you want the absolute best though, Go to Tubedepot.com And look for the Black Sable Crio tubes or soemthing like that, expensive as shit but their really good.

I have two black sable 6L6GC's in my Peavey 6505 combo. I can say they are spectacular sounding tubes. Very clear and LOUD. They were $75 dollars for two though. Definately NOT cheap.

To the OP - You really can't go wrong with any brand name tube. It's all a crapshoot these days with tubes really.
Quote by Shinozoku
Try the E34L's for an 80's sound, as most 80's sounds came from modded Marshalls

Yeah I was thinking of doing that once, but I don't know what kind of circuit modding I'd have to do to make those work
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist