hi, im thinking or buying a marshall amp in the MG series, apparently theres something wrong with that. can some one explain why, because i have a friend who has had one for 3 years and its still fine and sounds good
its like makin a man outta vinegar and brown paper its fun to start with but u realise he could catch fire real easily and then you go into a depressed state because you cnt help but feel your riskin the paper mans life if you tell him to watch the stove while you go for a wizz,
Quote by slashisgod2006
its like makin a man outta vinegar and brown paper its fun to start with but u realise he could catch fire real easily and then you go into a depressed state because you cnt help but feel your riskin the paper mans life if you tell him to watch the stove while you go for a wizz,

god, just die already!
Quote by slashisgod2006

huh?

On topic, MGs suck more than an army of hookers with vacuums.
Bad value for the money, crappy tone (to me).

But I stand by my basic principal- Tone is subjective.
If you like how it sounds get it, but eventually, you may develop an ear for good tone, and really regret it.
When it comes down to it, it's up to you. All we can do is give advice.
so what do you suggest i buy with £150/? thats better for metal and louder than a drum kit that i can get a decent heavy sound out of it/?
i cant get any more money, thats my limit, and my m8 has had his for 3 years, plus the one i could get is american not foreign so doesnt that make it more reliable/?
Quote by muzzmonster
i cant get any more money, thats my limit, and my m8 has had his for 3 years, plus the one i could get is american not foreign so doesnt that make it more reliable/?

No.
How about a Crate V Series? the V33 (212) is in your range.
a used vox amp in my area is about £200, i cant afford that much, im on a tight budget, i will look at the crate v series, is MG the only marshall series that i shouldnt buy or are all marshalls bad/?
Quote by muzzmonster
a used vox amp in my area is about £200, i cant afford that much, im on a tight budget, i will look at the crate v series, is MG the only marshall series that i shouldnt buy or are all marshalls bad/?

A cheap Marshall is a bad Marshall.
Remember that.
ok, so what do u suggest i buy that i can defo get for roughly £150 and is louder than an acoustic drum kit/? thats not HH electronic because they suck
i cant find anything, would the marshall amp from MG series be ok for a few months if im just using it jam, not to gig or anything?
Quote by muzzmonster
i cant find anything, would the marshall amp from MG series be ok for a few months if im just using it jam, not to gig or anything?

I give up.
Buy the damn marshall.
Quote by Stratoblaster73
I give up.
Buy the damn marshall.

noooo dont.

even if you do buy one, and want to replace it in a few months, you wont get anything for it (horrible resale obviously)

can you borrow an amp from a friend for the time being?
well i cant extend my limit, and i cant get any better deals
i need an amp because at the moment im using a karaoke machine and a zoom FX pedal, so i want to get a loud cheep amp, and then in march maybe i can but a fender 100w or something
Quote by muzzmonster
well i cant extend my limit, and i cant get any better deals
i need an amp because at the moment im using a karaoke machine and a zoom FX pedal, so i want to get a loud cheep amp, and then in march maybe i can but a fender 100w or something

You're not getting it!
You're not playing gigs, you work with what you have.
You can't currently extend your budget, work.with.what.you.have.

You can spend 300 dollars now, and then drop another <x amount> in 4 months, or save your 300 dollars, keep saving for for months, and buy a great amp.
but its not mine, and i cant play with a karaoke machine, and i need to practice, theres no point in saving up, because it not even my money, its a gift. and they arent going to give me the money. so im pretty much stuck, unless u can give me a decent amp thats louder than a drum kit then im screwed and stuck to be honest
the crate costs £250 used, and i cant find a decent vox, i may be able to extend my limit by £20 by selling my 100watt valve HH electronic
Quote by muzzmonster
the crate costs £250 used, and i cant find a decent vox, i may be able to extend my limit by £20 by selling my 100watt valve HH electronic

Hmm.. well, a brand new crate V33 is only $217.49 here (£116), but I guess that's not an option for you.

Go to the nearest guitar shop and play through every amp within your price range that you can find.
a ha i may be able to extend my limit to £200 and get a 50-watt vox, yay, thats a good buy right/?
Quote by muzzmonster
a ha i may be able to extend my limit to £200 and get a 50-watt vox, yay, thats a good buy right/?

Vox AD50? Yessir.
God where's matrixclaw, darkarbiter, horlicks, mrcarrot, and 311 when you need em!

slats is gone atm

BUT! let me explaninate.

The marshall Mg is actually not a marshall at all. Marshall purchased a company called Park, and stuck their names on the amps and called em marshalls. I'm just going to guess you've never heard a tube amplifier before. When you start getting an ear for tone, you will realize how bad the MGs sound in comparison to higher quality tube amplifiers, as well as other amps in the range, such as the Peavey Vypyrs and Roland Cubes which sound loads better.
if you buy that marshall, i swear by Zeus's beard i'll pummel you....

why can't you play through your karaoke thing a lil longer? sound sucks? well if that's the case, going to an MG would be a downgrade. there's nothing special at all about this amp. and i don't see how a used vox AD series is more expensive than an MG...even though logic would tell ya that better tone=more expensive...not always the case. you're just having a patience problem where you want something new now, and you'll spend a few weeks trying to convince yourself that it was worth it and sounds better. but in a month or two, you'll post a new thread about how you want a new amp, should have listened to us, and are hoping you can get ANY kind of money for that piece of firewood. you already stated that you would just 'get a 100 watt fender' in march, that means you plan on getting money again. SO THERE. you CAN save your money, you just need to be patient.

and just so you know, the 100 watt fender you're probably planning on buying is prolly a piece of complete shit. don't buy an amp b/c of how loud it is. you're gonna find out the really hard and expensive way if you don't take advice from the vets and experienced UGers.

i hope i was of help.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by Highwaytohell
God where's matrixclaw, darkarbiter, horlicks, mrcarrot, and 311 when you need em!

+1

Please don't buy an MG, terrible amps. I absolutly hated mine. Vox Valvetronix, Crate V's, Peavey VYPYRS, maybe even a used Valveking, all in your budget. And I can't stress this enough, LOOK USED. Much more bang for your buck.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
lol

Edit: what Highway, Slash_Rocks, and ClassicRock said is true. do dat!

Yes! I'm right
I will get on the Who To Listen To list, I will get on the Who To Listen To list........

And yes, the Vox's are great little amps.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by muzzmonster

You want to get rid of that for a Marshall MG?

Are you mental...or just deaf?

An old valve amp like that is going to wipe the floor with anything modern that you can find for £150.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You want to get rid of that for a Marshall MG?

Are you mental...or just deaf?

An old valve amp like that is going to wipe the floor with anything modern that you can find for £150.

Just wondering- is that HH a bass amp?
no its not, it does all, vocals, guitar (crap sound) and bass
i hate it, if anyone wants to buy it for £20 feel free