Page 1 of 12
so, here I am, René, from Canada, Quebec...

I was planing to do a guitar, an iceman liked..

so theres the spects

cherry wood body
maple neck w/ rosewoof fingerbord
24 frets
sharkthoot inlay
glued neck carved like a neck thru
DiMarzio D Activator for neck
DiMarzio Evolution for bridge
floyd rose...

for the paint, i'm going to paint it all white, with the hardware black, and the face of my guitar hero on the body

so yeah, pics to comme when i'll figure out how to put them
Last edited by xXavengerXx at Dec 31, 2008,
yeah, i kind of know that, I just can't upload immages To photobucket.. yeah. i'm stupid
Sounds awesome!

I'm from Canada too! Wait, you aren't one of those guys who wants Quebec to seperate from Canada, are you...?

Whatever it doesn't matter.

This guitar sounds really good, I want to see what happens.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
its like makin a man outta vinegar and brown paper its fun to start with but u realise he could catch fire real easily and then you go into a depressed state because you cnt help but feel your riskin the paper mans life if you tell him to watch the stove while you go for a wizz,
in fact. im just a teen, and my father teatches construction to college, so there's all the tools you want and I dont want quebec to seperate

and photobucket definitively dont work with me
Slashisgod why the f*ck are u saying that same thing on every post?!?!?!
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Quote by slashisgod2006
its like makin a man outta vinegar and brown paper its fun to start with but u realise he could catch fire real easily and then you go into a depressed state because you cnt help but feel your riskin the paper mans life if you tell him to watch the stove while you go for a wizz,

You just posted this in another thread, somewhere totally different... This makes no sense, and it has been reported for spam.

To Avenger, why can't you use photobucket?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
what i've noticed is that on cleans the EMG 85 sounds AMAZING
so if you want a third pickup as an option, definitely look into it
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Don't do a cherry wood body, go with the mahoghany.

The reason the iceman is such a sweet guitar, is it's basically an odd shaped, more sleek les paul. I have an IC400, and noticed the stock pickups are kind of shitty, so I put some nice dimarzio PAF pickups in it, and that made the tone a million times better.

So, seriously, go with mahogany body and PAF pickups. If you really want to have the cherry wood body, just put real actives in it, EMG 81 and 85 are always good.
The gods you worship are Steel
At the altar of Rock N Roll you kneel
A slave who forever Rocks
Is chained in the Devil's locks
AND SLAIN BY THE BLOODY AXE I WHAIL!
^ Like, is just doesn't work? Does the download stop or what?

You could email them to someone here at UG and we could post them for you. I would do it if you want.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
^ Like, is just doesn't work? Does the download stop or what?

You could email them to someone here at UG and we could post them for you. I would do it if you want.

when I chose a file, it just dont download at all, what I am making wrong ?

the plan

the photoshop version, but the neck will look a little darker, the pickup mounting will be black, and the knobs too

and I worked the shape to make it more unique.. that's what I think it would look like ( i know its not an iceman annymore, but I kinf of like it alot )
Last edited by xXavengerXx at Nov 10, 2008,
that sounds good, where do you live in Quebec, if you live in Montreal you can go at Steve's music store that's where I got all the parts for my build(pots, pickups, bridge etc.) and you don't have to pay for shipping
Quote by Sguit
that sounds good, where do you live in Quebec, if you live in Montreal you can go at Steve's music store that's where I got all the parts for my build(pots, pickups, bridge etc.) and you don't have to pay for shipping

I live near to ontario.. so I go to the steves music at ottawa, do you think they carry the d activator and the evolution ?
Quote by xXavengerXx
I live near to ontario.. so I go to the steves music at ottawa, do you think they carry the d activator and the evolution ?

yes, they carry dimarzio, and they order it for you free of shipping charges if they don't have it in store

really cool designs you have there BTW, I wanna see this finished
Last edited by Sguit at Nov 10, 2008,
Quote by Sguit
yes, they carry dimarzio, and they order it for you free of shipping charges if they don't have it in store

really cool designs you have there BTW, I wanna see this finished

thanck you, I think I will have to go see... or call one day

Thanck you for the desing I figure it would be finished by the middle of January, because I will do most of the work in the hollidays.

I got the wood for the body, and I will buy the neck tommorow ( yeah I buy it, it's still my first guitar, so I dont want to mess up the neck. )
WOW!

You certainly are an artist. Those are some awesome drawings man.

Also, that design should easy to do, it will only require a one layer stencil.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
tat looks like a badass version of Paul Gilbert's Fire man, but is that zacky vengence on your guitar? maybe the face should be of someone else?
------

Shwiggity.
thats synyster gates
and ty for the comments, I still have to make a guitar out of it... thank god I have a dad that know what he is doing with the tools !
http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo166/renecool93/Picture001.jpg

I hate icemens usually but your design ^ is MUCH better, bro0tal

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
please choose a different person than him, i think you'll regret it in the future...
------

Shwiggity.
yeah.. but for now thats what I want to do, and I cant think of another person that have marked my life so much ! ( got me over a depression and all that )
Quote by DeathMask

The reason the iceman is such a sweet guitar, is it's basically an odd shaped, more sleek les paul. I have an IC400, and noticed the stock pickups are kind of shitty, so I put some nice dimarzio PAF pickups in it, and that made the tone a million times better.

So, seriously, go with mahogany body and PAF pickups. If you really want to have the cherry wood body, just put real actives in it, EMG 81 and 85 are always good.

why is the cherry wood bad for guitars ?
i think it's too soft, and the tension from the strings may rip the bridge out of the body.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
i think it's too soft, and the tension from the strings may rip the bridge out of the body.

They made early Teles out of pine... that is a softwood. Cherry is harder, isn't it?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by DeathMask

Cherry is fine, stop talking out your ass

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Quote by Absent Mind
Cherry is fine, stop talking out your ass

Aha.

Ahahaha.

Man you win epic lulz, that was funny. I'm not really sure why... but dude!

Yeah I think cherry would work fine, it is a hardwood, that's all you need for a body.

EDIT:

We'll wait for LP Addict.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
ahaha I'll take that as a compliment?

Quote by dogismycopilot

Quote by lumberjack

Quote by littlemurph7976
Indeed .

I though my dad had a Cherry desk.

It was about 3 feet by 8 feet by 2 inches. Perfect for a whack of guitars. I was so stoked.

Nope, its MDF.

I was mad haha.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo

I used a cherry top on this guitar.. cherry is a fine wood to use for guitars, plenty hard..
Quote by carousel182

I used a cherry top on this guitar.. cherry is a fine wood to use for guitars, plenty hard..

nice guitar BTW !