Ok so I can do pitch harmonics by slightly hitting the string after plucking it, and then I bend it to get that squeelie...but its not the same...is it my pick ups?

I have a standard strat and and Ibanez RG2EX2
There are a dozen things you could be doing wrong.

I think that nine out of ten times, failure to produce good pinch harmonics is technique. If I can do it on a PRS that isn't even plugged into an amp right now, and have it sound fine, you can do it with any gear.

Anyway, what exactly are you doing? There are also many many tutorials on this. Look 'em up.
Lotsa distortion should do it :P
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
I got the pitch up noise....it just doesnt squeel. I can hear it without the amp on...but it does give me that evil metal sound, its just high pitch.
wat youre talking about may be more than just a pinch harmonic, try adding different effects and maximum distortion
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
is a ds1 not good enough? Tone is at 11 o clock, Level is at 11 o clock and distortion is at 5 o clock (as if they were clocks 7 would be lowest 5 would be highest.
there are millions of threads on this.....just have a look...loads of vids on youtube too
What pickups are in this RG?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by RockAddict311
is a ds1 not good enough? Tone is at 11 o clock, Level is at 11 o clock and distortion is at 5 o clock (as if they were clocks 7 would be lowest 5 would be highest.

That's more than good enough... what exactly does your technique consist of?
amp?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Flying Couch
That's more than good enough... what exactly does your technique consist of?

I hit the string slightly graze it with my thumb and bend the string (vibrato)

it's high pitch but it doesnt have that evil sound.
hit the side of your thumb when you hit the string with your pick and it will sound zakk wylde
Quote by stephen_rettie
give us a clip

I wish I had a video camera. And I am hitting it with the side of my thumb.
You're probably hitting a poor choice for a harmonic. Experiment with different picking locations on the string. If you hit a 1st or 2nd overtone harmonic it sounds definitely higher, but not squeely. Just move around a bit plucking and bending until you find a sweet spot.
Quote by RockAddict311
I hit the string slightly graze it with my thumb and bend the string (vibrato)

it's high pitch but it doesnt have that evil sound.

:/

Are you talking about the harmonics or your tone in general?
OK. Mini tutorial.

1. Bridge pickup selected.

2. At least medium to high gain. That overdrive on a frontman won't do pinch harmonics very well. Trust me, I've tried.

3. Practice practice practice.

It is very easy (split second easy) to mute the note with the edge of your thumb. Try the lower frets and lower strings (the thick ones, bass side, 4, 5 and 6 whatever you want to call them) first, because they carry more energy when picked and are harder to mute. I suggest maybe picking up a reasonable overdrive or distortion pedal that will boost the harmonic signal into your amp. Try and run it through the clean channel. The frontman's clean channel isn't too bad and it takes pedals pretty well. Otherwise just put the money into a new amp that satisfies your metal desires.
Maybe I'm being too picky...theirs a reason why my guitar is $2000.

I'm probably just being picky...yah...i wish my dad could shred guitar....n teach me the ways.
lol, $2000 guitar and a frontman 25 make me think you are full of ****.

Just practice, it's all technique. I can pull em with a squier standard strat (well set up mind you) on the bridge single. It took a couple of months of half arsed practice here and there, but it comes.
it's the Amp and the pickups; replace them and you're set. A high output bright bridge pickup (many of dimarzio's bridge pickups are like that (like the X2N and the D-Activators, as are the Seymour Duncan Distortion, JB, and other similar pickups).
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
your just not doing it right. it shouldnt matter too much on your equipment in all honesty. pracice by using the g string on the twelfth fret.. the harmonics ring out very easily right there. just pick with the very tip of the pick and the fleshy part of your thumb while digginf in to the string. then bend and apply vibrato. keep practicing.
"every prince has to slay a few dragons before he meets his princess"
Quote by KennethJay
Lotsa distortion should do it :P

in the words of the late randy rhoads

'practice clean!'
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4