6505 is basically the go to amp for relatively cheap quality metal lead tones, youll be good. It may not nail all those tones perfectly but for around 600 it cant be beat.
The 6505 is the undisputed go-to amp for affordable metal tones. It both records and cuts live extremely well. It's a great amp and mine has been rock solid.
Quote by Invisus
no not really i was just wondering if there were different variations or something

5150 II
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Great Metalamp!
Don't like the cleantone, but wth! Go For It!
- LTD Eclipse 1000 w/SD's
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky transparent red w/SD's
- Marshall MG 50 DFX

ENGL fund €120/€1941.5
I actually just played this amp like 20 mins ago. I compared it to and Eganter Tourmaster, Bogner Alchemist, and Line 6 Tube Spider. Overall, I really liked the thickness and how much it cuts through. I am looking on ebay right now, and there are a few for under a grand. The only amp I played that sounded as good or better was the Bogner.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by CarbonDeath
I actually just played this amp like 20 mins ago. I compared it to and Eganter Tourmaster, Bogner Alchemist, and Line 6 Tube Spider. Overall, I really liked the thickness and how much it cuts through. I am looking on ebay right now, and there are a few for under a grand. The only amp I played that sounded as good or better was the Bogner.

I didn't like that Bogner Alchemist @ all.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I didn't like that Bogner Alchemist @ all.

I thought it was different sounding and relatively simple to use. I really think you would almost need an overdrive to make it extremely heavy, that's why I didn't get it today.

If you like the 6505, you should try an Engl Fireball or Screamer. Used you won't get so lucky on them, but from what I have heard, they sound awesome.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?