So, what are your favorite Melo-death bands that have great singers.

Soilwork, Scar Symmetry and Opeth have to be my top 3. I love the mastery they have over harsh and clean vocals. Plus, the bands are just ****ing great.

Yours?
Blind Guardian.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
the only melo-death band i listen to... In Flames
the vox are a lot different now then on the earlier albums but good either way
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by Tom-sawyer
So, what are your favorite Melo-death bands that have great singers.

Soilwork, Scar Symmetry and Opeth have to be my top 3. I love the mastery they have over harsh and clean vocals. Plus, the bands are just ****ing great.

Yours?

Either way, Dark Tranquillity and old In Flames are both good and there are a few others that I really like but I forget the names at this precise moment.

Melodeath in general has my favourite style of vocals, I really like the whole harsh but not grunt/growl thing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Blind Guardian.

This
the fact that the title of the thread has "favorite" and "singers" in it means that Hansi wins, no matter what genre we're talking about
Mikael Stanne can do whatever he wants with me, he is God.
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

I wonder what Hansi would sound like if he tried to growl or shriek...probably would not work out.
Quote by dminishedthingy
This
the fact that the title of the thread has "favorite" and "singers" in it means that Hansi wins, no matter what genre we're talking about

I prefer Demons and Wizards myself but you're right, whatever it is: Hansi wins.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by \Powerslave/
I wonder what Hansi would sound like if he tried to growl or shriek...probably would not work out.

i believe he actually does growl a few times on BoF

edit: he growls on Into the Storm too (at least i think its him)
Last edited by dminishedthingy at Nov 10, 2008,
Ensiferum/Wintersun. Jari is sick.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Yeah, Jari is cool. Especially on the Ensiferum - Self Titled
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Quote by \Powerslave/

How dare you think of him to be incapable of ANYTHING!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M155UIfxFPA
He does some black metal style vocals at about 0:45 and1:45, and sounds effing awesome.

Edit: To contribute to the thread I'd say Trevor Strnad from Black Dahlia Murder for my favorite melo-death vocalist. His work on Nocturnal is just amazing, and he pulls it off live great.
Quote by TheMantipede
How dare you think of him to be incapable of ANYTHING!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M155UIfxFPA
He does some black metal style vocals at about 0:45 and1:45, and sounds effing awesome.

Edit: To contribute to the thread I'd say Trevor Strnad from Black Dahlia Murder for my favorite melo-death vocalist. His work on Nocturnal is just amazing, and he pulls it off live great.

Never said he was incapable, trust me I think he's a very capable singer(my personal favorte). I just said it definitely would not work out with the bands style.
Falconer
Iced Earth
Kamelot
Blind Guardian
Galneryus
Rhapsody of Fire
Vintersorg
Arcturus (all of them)

Think that's enough for now.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Holy ****, I just got to 1:45, that was pretty good actually. Which is expected out of Hansi.
It happens atleast once in every Blind Guardian video, ESPECIALLY with songs from NIME.
Quote by dminishedthingy
This

Indeed. Did you see my mathematical equation in the other thread?

Also
Katatonia
Primordial
Novembers Doom
Ulver

Not melodeath, but that's not specified in the title.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by \Powerslave/
Enlighten me oh great Mathematician.

It was actually a computer program. I hate math. But anyway, this should make things go faster.

Best + vocal/sing(er) in thread title.
Default answer = Hansi Kursch
Submit default answer (y/n?)
[y]
Default answer submitted.

Math would be Best+singer=Hansi. Best + Singer = thread answer. Thread Answer = Hansi.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by onetenpercent
dark tranquility, bodom, norther, in flames, pantera (not melodeath though)

lol at Alexi being a great singer
he's an effective frontman, but that's a bit much...

^Swanö is great too, as is Stu Block

i think my school is offering a Guardiametry course, i should see about enrolling