Ok I'm gonna try this again since the first time didnt' work

Ok I want a pair of pickups a

Bridge: a crunchy distortion but not to over the top
Neck: something really smooth for a clean passage or searing solo

I've been thinking a Bill lawrence xl-1500 and a EMG 85 or hz

and on the amp side I want to play thrash so I need help because I'm not that knowledgable with amps so

I want a Really heavy crunch, but tight at the same time like Kill em'all, Reign in blood, cowboys from hell/ vuglar display of power if you get what I'm saying, or do I need to by a certain pedal besides a tube screamer

I want to stay in the SS side but tubes will be accepted,

and this is for homepractice not gigging

Thank you
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Anyone?
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
Rule of thumb: When vastly altering your tone, new amp>new pickups.

As for your questions, I don't know where to begin...

First off, while pairing a passive pickup with an active pickup (Bill Lawrence with an EMG) is possible, its a very complicated installation/wiring process.

Second, you want something that is crunchy but not over the top in the bridge? The Bill Lawrence isn't the way to go - it is a very hot pickup. And the active EMG in the neck would make it very difficult to get a decent clean for your "clean passages".

As far as the amp is concerned, if you are sticking with a SS amp then pickups won't really be an important factor. Solid State circuitry doesn't interact with pickups in the manner that a tube amp does. Hotter pickups drive tube amps harder, giving them a higher gain output and vica versa with cooler pickups. Therefore, if you are using an active pickup you are not going to get the "active" effect on a solid state amp since active pickups are basically a low output pickup into a built-in preamp which is designed to push already overdriven tube amps harder.

What is your budget?
Why do you want to stick with a SS amp?
Are you willing to go used? and if so where do you live?