I spent the last couple days playing amps at the local shop in my budget range which is around 900 CAD. I heard good things about the YCS 50 and I liked playing it but they wouldn't let me turn the volume up at all. Is the amp good when played loud with a drummer or gigs?I play classic rock, hard rock and a little metal, any thing else you can suggest I'll try it out....
It'll need a little help for metal, but it's a great, solid amp. I would recommend looking around for used stuff before buying that though. I'd recommend any sort of vintage tubed Fender combo with some pedals infront.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by TheGoalie64
I spent the last couple days playing amps at the local shop in my budget range which is around 900 CAD. I heard good things about the YCS 50 and I liked playing it but they wouldn't let me turn the volume up at all. Is the amp good when played loud with a drummer or gigs?I play classic rock, hard rock and a little metal, any thing else you can suggest I'll try it out....

Yup it's good.
It should only sound better when you turn it up. That being said, used is definitely the way to go.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not