Page 1 of 2
bought a brand new computer, with vista, and NONE of my games (a collection of about 35 purchased games) works on it. what the hell is wrong with vista? or is the fact that my system is a 64 bit system?

what's wrong with my brand new computer?
Quote by CoreysMonster

it has Vista.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Seriously, im begining to think that i am the ONLY person in existance that has ZERO problems with vista
that it has vista, most games aren't compatible(not like you haven't figured that out though)
Quote by kiwi68
that it has vista, most games aren't compatible(not like you haven't figured that out though)

Not true, all of mine work. Right click on the shortcut, go to properties, and change it to windows xp compatiblity mode.
its maybe the 64 bit.

what games are they. how old etc.

i ahd some teething problems with my new monster but not with games.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by CoreysMonster
bought a brand new computer, with vista, and NONE of my games (a collection of about 35 purchased games) works on it. what the hell is wrong with vista? or is the fact that my system is a 64 bit system?

ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Quote by CoreysMonster
are you sure? i mean, does XP work on a 64 bit system? do ANY games work on a 64 bit system?

It should be fine, all of my games work fine. What games are you talking about? I'm running Oblivion, Morrowind, GTR2, GT Legends, and FSX on mine with no problem.
Quote by crazy8rgood
Seriously, im begining to think that i am the ONLY person in existance that has ZERO problems with vista

You aren't. I have no problems, I don't know what people are on about.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
What I figure is that you probably need to go to an expert and talk to him about the situation. He'll be able to take a look at your computer and gather the threads of what's happening in your system
its not your system thats 64 it its your OS.

maybe the 32bit os might have been th ebtter option.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by irishstang_87
Not true, all of mine work. Right click on the shortcut, go to properties, and change it to windows xp compatiblity mode.

ooo, I was just saying what I've heard, which I shouldn't really, but something made me want to on this occasion,idk
whats the problem with your vista computer?
your VISTA computer??
gee i dunno
Quote by bass-boy-garith
Quote by guitarhero_764
I guess I'm kind of like a hippie. I'm anti-war, do drugs, and like communism.
Your not a hippie, just a ****ing moron.
Vista hasnt been any problem for me or anyone i know. I have vista here and games like warcraft 3 work fine, and at home i have vista all my brothers games like WoW and WAR and various other newer games also work fine. If you are having problems set the proporties of the shortcut into run on xp compatability mode. Maybe run as an administrator would help too.
i have 64 bit vista and no problems for me. Making an xp partition on your comp is an easy solution if you cant figure out the problem.
My brother plays Counter Strike religiously on his laptop (has a Vista) and he has almost no lag.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by crazy8rgood

i don't either i have no idea what people are talking about when they say vista sucks
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Shayne777
i don't either i have no idea what people are talking about when they say vista sucks

I'm fairly sure most of them have never actually tried vista.
Quote by StonaLemons

I just hate it because it sucks up all my resources, makes playing games on my laptop slower than on my four year old desktop. And my computer crashes for no reason about once a week.
You need to give us details instead of just complaining; maybe then we could help ya.

I have over 30 games on my 64-bit installation of Vista Home Premium, and they all run like a hot knife through butter.

What games are you trying to play? What video card do you have? Processor? Etc? Throw me a bone here
Quote by StonaLemons

My brother and dad both have Vista after upgrading from XP. They are both consistently frustrated with how "user-friendly" and "Appley" Vista is set up to look like, and I, having used it on occasion, have to agree. Some of the things Microsoft added to make things easier to do really just make it harder to perform tasks.
Its weird. I'm betting HALF the people here baggin' on Vista have never had experience with it, other than hearing it sucks from other internet phonies.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
^Or from apple's retarded TV commercials. I'm being completely honest here, that guy who represents windows makes me hate windows a lot because he's so stupid of course I know that it's just Apple using a childish marketing campaign.
I has tons of games/plays tons of games

I is vista user

I had no freaking problem in a year

I use complicated programs too

Seriously...ppl need to be a bit more... how can I say... I can't really find a way to describe it.

But I have an example... My friend had one prob only with vista...

He has mental problems.
Quote by st.stephen
My brother and dad both have Vista after upgrading from XP. They are both consistently frustrated with how "user-friendly" and "Appley" Vista is set up to look like, and I, having used it on occasion, have to agree. Some of the things Microsoft added to make things easier to do really just make it harder to perform tasks.

True it uses up more resources, but computers made since vista came out should easily beable to handle the resources.

And i do agree its different to xp. The thing is - someone completely new to computers would probably find vista far easier than XP, its just that people like you and me have used XP (and in my case windows 95/98/2000) and gotten so used to its interface and layout that the change comes difficult...
Quote by kevC4
I has tons of games/plays tons of games

I is vista user

I had no freaking problem in a year

I use complicated programs too

Seriously...ppl need to be a bit more... how can I say... I can't really find a way to describe it.

But I have an example... My friend had one prob only with vista...

He has mental problems.

Okay, so because you and a friend haven't had any problems means the rest of us can't? You guys should do drug trials, you'd change the entire system.
Quote by StonaLemons

I wouldn't be surprised. They wouldn't have properly tried it out, if anything.

Microsoft did an experiment where they took a group of people who all shared the view that Vista sucked. They then asked the people to try out a new OS they were working and give some feedback. They all agreed to it and provided largely positive feedback, before being told that this 'new OS' was just Vista.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
some games need some patch to make it work on vista.

just go on any gaming website and find the patches for the games you need...
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Quote by irishstang_87
Okay, so because you and a friend haven't had any problems means the rest of us can't? You guys should do drug trials, you'd change the entire system.

I agree on you that my comment was offensive but I take it has a lol [no offense to you].

I'm sorry for that and for people who found it offensive, but eh... I serously can't figure out why people have so much problems with vista.

The biggest problem I had is that I installed some game, and something poped up saying it has known incompatibility issues... But I still play it and I played it alot and never found any problem
It isn't Vista that's the problem, it's the fact that he's trying to run software designed for a 32bit OS on a 64bit OS.

You may be able to install the software and alter the compatibility mode to run the games.

Definately don't downgrade your OS just to run games. 64-bit is the future, if you really do need a 32-bit OS right now for gaming dual-boot with XP until game development catches up to 64bit technology.
Page 1 of 2