what specifically are they good for? im looking into buying an orange amp head but i dont wanna buy one if theyre not suited for distortion of any kind.

tell me their pros and cons?
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by koalabacon
what specifically are they good for? im looking into buying an orange amp head but i dont wanna buy one if theyre not suited for distortion of any kind.

tell me their pros and cons?

how much are you willing to spend? how loud will you be able to play it regularly? what type of music are you interested in playing?

You could use an Orange for just about anything except modern metalcore (and all the subgenres that sound like it), and even that is debatable.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
What's your budget? What styles will you be playing with it?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by sglover34479
I am also interested in them. How much do they usually cost for a combo amp 20-50 watts. At least 1 112 speaker.

little over a grand i got my rocker 30 for 1,200 but its damn good, everything but "br00t4lz" i guess
i play usually with light crunch to heavy distortion. not big on anything bluesy sounding [sorry if that may sound contradicting] im willing to spend up to 300-350$
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by thrashmetal888
little over a grand i got my rocker 30 for 1,200 but its damn good, everything but "br00t4lz" i guess

Woah. I can't spend that much. Does orange make a decent amp for 200-500 USD? I need it to b a tube amp and be for classsic rock/blues and some metal.
^ sorry, orange doesn't really seem to suit your tastes. they're a bit over your budget too, from about $600-$2500.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by sglover34479
Woah. I can't spend that much. Does orange make a decent amp for 200-500 USD? I need it to b a tube amp and be for classsic rock/blues and some metal.

yeah and the ones that are in your price range honestly suck(the crush series)
there are a bunch of other great amps for that price though, recently ive been hearing good things about peavey vyprs
Quote by thrashmetal888
yeah and the ones that are in your price range honestly suck(the crush series)
there are a bunch of other great amps for that price though, recently ive been hearing good things about peavey vyprs

Cool. I have been thinking of a Peavey valveking but I'll check out the vyprs. Thx! Rock on.
god damn expensive amps. i liked the orange color too
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by sglover34479
Cool. I have been thinking of a Peavey valveking but I'll check out the vyprs. Thx! Rock on.

valvekings good too, id try em both out and see which one youd prefer though
^they're only like 550 new...
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.