I'm really starting to get into scales, and I wanted to know something. To the good people of UG: how do you all know that you know a specific scale, position etc? Like for instance do you just think that you know it? Or do you actually do perhaps an exercise to prove this to yourself? Sorry if my question is really vague, its a tad hard to describe. Anyway, any answers would be appreciated. Thanks
I memorize the notes, then I know it. Whether I know how to use it well is another story. That's a constantly evolving process.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
The root note, is the first note of the scale, and therefore the beggining of the scale. I suck at and don't use scales, but I am almost 100% sure that is how they know.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
I know a scale when I know the notes and intervals it's comprised of, how it sounds, how parts of it sound and when I have an idea of when I can use it.

Where it physically appears on the guitar is way down at the bottom of my priorities..
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com