Page 1 of 4
ANYONE WHO TALKS ABOUT GUITARISTS WHO HAVE SIGNATURE MODELS BUT DON'T DESERVE THEM WILL BE REPORTED FOR SPAM. THIS IS NOT THE THREAD TO TALK ABOUT IT.

Read the title.

I think Jim James and Carl Broemel of My Morning Jacket deserve signature Gibsons.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I think *obscure guitar player here* from *obscure band here* deserves a signature Gibson guitar too.

They won't get one though, they won't be making Gibson any money.

In all seriousness though, we need a Gary Moore signature Les Paul.

Like an actual signature Les Paul, not that lame-o stripped version they used to have.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
hmmmmmmmmmm amon amarth dudes sig

toki wartooth and skwisgaar swigleff sigs
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by devit
hmmmmmmmmmm amon amarth dudes sig

they play stock explorers
im pretty sure their customized since the pickguard has some werid testure and i think they use EMGS.

plus a sig would be an excuese to charge 1000000 bucs more for the same guitar
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
Gibson Flying V and Gibson Explorer with EMG 85/81 set in each. Not really stock ya know?

I'd like to see Marty Friedman get a sig Ibanez or Jackson again. He uses them, but I don't think he's been given a custom as of late.

Outside of Friedman, maybe a Harrison Ric or Gretsch. Gotta give Mr. Harrison credit where credit is due after all. He may have played stock, but having a Ric with vintage specs like Harrison's would rock too hard.
John Frusciante deserves a Signature Fender Strat.

The thing with JF is that he only uses vintage guitars from before the year 1970, so he probably wouldn't even want to make a Signature.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Paul Gilbert needs to have 2 more signature models

And I think Marty Friedman has a new Sig that is red with 1 'bucker. Or at least he did very recently.
Last edited by Habit Zero at Nov 10, 2008,
Five finger death punch guys deserve custom sigs, not 800$ guitars
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
John Frusciante

Personally I don't like signatures because most of the time your basically getting the standard guitar just with someone's signature on it but you pay twice the cost if not more. True signature is finding a guitar and setup that fits your style - but JF is the man so he deserves to get a reissue of a '62 strat in his name
Last edited by austinb0309 at Nov 10, 2008,
Quote by Killedelphia19

Toki plays a V and they both use EMGs. /dickery
Creator of the Llamastack

Quote by devit

I always thought it's be cool to have sigs for them, even if it's just an Epiphone with the metalocalypse logo on the headstock.
Quote by ruiner999
I'd like to see Marty Friedman get a sig Ibanez or Jackson again. He uses them, but I don't think he's been given a custom as of late.

I've seen him use this one humbucker, silverburst single-cut Ibanez recently. Not very good-looking. I'm not sure whether or not it'll become a production model guitar, though.
He technically has one, but it sucks.

James Hetfield. Right now all he has is the ESP LTD Truckster, but what I'd like to see is a copy of his old school white Explorer with the EMGs and "eet fuk" written on it. Either that or the brown explorer he played S&M with. That guitar is pure win.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Killedelphia19

Actually only skwisgar plays an explorer, Toki plays a V, both with emg pickups
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Kurt Cobain...well technically he has a whole series of guitars modelled after him (mustang, jags, strats) he also has the jag-stang, but he never really used it.

Fender Japan needs to bring in some of his Jags/Mustangs

and why not, the strats that he used to smash at the end of every gig too!
Albert King. He played one sexy V. And Freddie King's. I think it was a stock ES-345, but still, it's pure smex.
I believe I deserve a custom Ibby. . . but those bastards don't have a custom shop, so I hate them and I hope they all die of GASH. . . .on the lighter side, Ran guitars and Rek guitars may be the way I'll go. . . . . sorry for the outburst. . . . I can't really think of anybody else that deserves a custom, I just feel like I do, then again if Ibanez would start making better production guitars, I wouldn't need a custom would I?
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Paul Waggoner of Between the Buried and Me definitely should be mentioned...I'm pretty sure he's sponsored by Ibanez as he uses S series most of the time. Caught me off guard that him and dusty were using PRS when I saw them at their DVD recording show, not sure if him/they endorse PRS now or not, but he definitely deserves a sig model.
Anyone else think that Les Paul should have his own Les Paul? His personal ones are quite different from standard ones...

Nope, no sig here.
Agreed, Les Paul deserves his own Les Paul. I mean, wow, it just doesn't make sense that he doesn't, haha.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Well then again, aren't his les pauls from the 1940's or something?

If i were to pick someone to have a sig i'd say...I don't know...Does Jimi Hendrix have a sig? I know he has his psychedelic V, but is that it?

Anyone non-main stream I'd have to say Tom Scholz...Idgaf what you think about boston he's f**king amazing.
Hendrix has a Gibby sig and a Fender sig if memory serves. Iconic musician like him might as well.

I wish Gibson made a copy of Clapton's SG, a replica wouldn't have the same charm I think as an actual Fool would.

Jonny G would benefit from a reissue Starcaster sig as well me thinks. But that's another story for another time.
Adrian Smith deserves a signature Jackson.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by ruiner999
Jonny G would benefit from a reissue Starcaster sig as well me thinks. But that's another story for another time.

This.

Quote by breakstuff
Adrian Smith deserves a signature Jackson
Not to mention the rest of the Maiden guys, they deserve signature Fenders.

Also, bring back the Steve Harris P-Bass (but maybe with a tone knob this time)
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by Underjoggle
ANYONE WHO TALKS ABOUT GUITARISTS WHO HAVE SIGNATURE MODELS BUT DON'T DESERVE THEM WILL BE REPORTED FOR SPAM. THIS IS NOT THE THREAD TO TALK ABOUT IT.

Read the title.

ooooooh get you

signature guitars are no real badge of merit (otherwise why would Tom Delonge or Pete Wentz have one? go ahead, report me) ... they're often produced solely for economic reasons, so the idea of someone 'deserving' one is missing the point...

really, this is just another 'which guitarist/s do you like?' thread.... I ought to report YOU :P

on that basis, i'd say Frank Zappa, but why would the world need a Frank Zappa signature guitar?
out of here
Quote by Mutant Corn
Anyone else think that Les Paul should have his own Les Paul? His personal ones are quite different from standard ones...

I'd imagine they haven't made one because not enough people would buy it... maybe they'll do a special tribute one if he ever dies
out of here
Quote by ruiner999
Gibson Flying V and Gibson Explorer with EMG 85/81 set in each. Not really stock ya know?

Outside of Friedman, maybe a Harrison Ric or Gretsch. Gotta give Mr. Harrison credit where credit is due after all. He may have played stock, but having a Ric with vintage specs like Harrison's would rock too hard.

Find a Jackson Kelly KE-1 from 1990-1993. That's probably the closest you'll get, assuming you shove in the same pickup he used + use the same/similar sounding amp.
Quote by jackblsdaniels
ron jarzombek

brad paisley

kiko loureiro

larry carlton

shaun baxter

brett garsed

bumblefoot

Bumblefoot has a signature Vigier.
Quote by inflatablefilth
ooooooh get you

signature guitars are no real badge of merit (otherwise why would Tom Delonge or Pete Wentz have one? go ahead, report me) ... they're often produced solely for economic reasons, so the idea of someone 'deserving' one is missing the point...

really, this is just another 'which guitarist/s do you like?' thread.... I ought to report YOU :P

on that basis, i'd say Frank Zappa, but why would the world need a Frank Zappa signature guitar?

Best reply I've seen in a long time!

My input: Frusciante (as already mentioned), Mike Einziger (Jazzmaster or PRS), Jack White (not really a fan but commercial ...), "Hotel" Hince (The Kills - Hofner), Michael Hedges (Martin acoustic)
Buckethead signature guitar would be pretty cool.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by tweeb
Buckethead signature guitar would be pretty cool.

yeah, but it'd be huge
Page 1 of 4