So m new pickups came in the mail today. I installed them exactly the way the old ones were installed. They work fine but when I plug them into my amp the volume is no where near were it used to be. I have a 15 watt tube amp and this thing was loud. I was unable to crank it fill volume while still in the room, but now I have it full and its not even half as loud as it used to be. Also from about 2 o'clock to 4 o'clock on my amp now makes a real high pitched squeal, still plays but the squel can be heard over the playing. Im going to go to a guitar shop tomorrow to get their opinion on the whole thing. Should I have wired the pickups the way Dimarzio says n their website and if so could the reason the volume is low be my faulty wiring.
I did plug a friends guitar in to the amp and it played like it used to before i installed pickups but the squeal didn't go away.
You didn't wire it right. Your pickups are out of phase.

Get the Dimarzio diagram.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
that's what i figured, do i just have to change the connections at the switch and volume control that come from the pickups so they look like the diagram or should the entire setup look like the diagram?
Quote by wjhender
that's what i figured, do i just have to change the connections at the switch and volume control that come from the pickups so they look like the diagram or should the entire setup look like the diagram?

It should look like the diagram.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Probably a preamp tube.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster