Page 1 of 2
i got some used guitar gear that i wanna sell and buy new gear with does anyone know with personal experience if Guitar Center takes them?? i don't feel like going to craigslist or ebay ...

and i am planning on buying new gear with $400 this includes a new guitar and amp
and with the extra bonus of my old gear around 500 something i hope

and also if some1 could give me ideas on what to buy i play all types of rock and some metal here and there..

and i want gear that can be used for jamming with friends and or gigging if possible (small gigs)

im not looking for a huge 700 dollar amp just some good guitar rigs i can get.

BTW it is my B-Day DD
Yes, they will buy them from you, for A LOT less than you'd get selling it to someone else.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
They'll give you half what it's worth minus 20-30 percent.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
From what I've heard they don't give very good prices, but it's worth a shot.

What do you plan on selling to them?
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
good because i dont need them at all and all they are is dead weight in my room soo thats good
Quote by Powerstrike
i am selling a agile al-2000 a peavey vypyr and a roland microcube

Why don't you just post them on Kijiji or Craigslist?

You'll have much more money to play with. You'd be stupid to sell that stuff to GC.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Powerstrike
i am selling a agile al-2000 a peavey vypyr and a roland microcube

That is all damn good gear - why are you selling it!!?? Especially the Vypyr... you only could have owned it for a few months at the most and you're willing to take a radical price cut on it like that?
if you can find a music go round they pay much better than gc
fight the power... with peace

Originally Posted by Cockpuncher 2.0
Fail town, population you

When God said "Let there be light", Joey Jordison said "Say please".

Man is a universe within himself
Bob Marley
Pox!
guitar center will low ball you to no end. the salesman only offered 160 for my thd hotplate. i refused on the spot and told them I'm getting my x3 live from else where.
they sure as hell take your gear.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by kckyle
guitar center will low ball you to no end. the salesman only offered 160 for my thd hotplate. i refused on the spot and told them I'm getting my x3 live from else where.

Exactly. He'll be lucky if he get 250/300 out of what he's got.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
You don't seem like you appreciate your gear.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Then why did you buy it in the first place? It seems like a waste. You have a nice Agile and a nice Peavey that you probably didn't even have for a month.

You wouldn't be in this problem if you didn't waste your money on gear you didn't want. Would you?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
gee thanks for the help pal all uve done is contribute nothign to what i requested in theis forum thankyou man thank you
Quote by Powerstrike
gee thanks for the help pal all uve done is contribute nothign to what i requested in theis forum thankyou man thank you

I was the third post and I gave you all the information you wanted. I told you that Guitar Center would buy your gear for half what you paid minus 20-30 percent wise guy.

Now I'm trying to save you from making a big mistake but you're too stubborn (see:stupid) to realize that.

Have a nice day.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
You keep saying you want to get rid of this stuff, which you can in other ways besides GC. Here's a nice example: A store like GC offered me $125 for my Fulltone MiniDejaVibe. I said no, and sold it for $205 on a forum a couple days later. You don't want $80 to screw around with? You still get rid of your gear, just in the most logical and beneficial way to you.

If you don't like these suggestions, you're clearly a spoiled 12 year old who has no sense of money. One day, hopefully, you will appreciate it and learn how to handle it
Quote by s.r.v.
You keep saying you want to get rid of this stuff, which you can in other ways besides GC. Here's a nice example: A store like GC offered me $125 for my Fulltone MiniDejaVibe. I said no, and sold it for $205 on a forum a couple days later. You don't want $80 to screw around with? You still get rid of your gear, just in the most logical and beneficial way to you.

If you don't like these suggestions, you're clearly a spoiled 12 year old who has no sense of money. One day, hopefully, you will appreciate it and learn how to handle it

Big +1 from me man.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by s.r.v.

Exactly.

Since you want to get rid of your gear so bad then I will gladly take it off your hands - I will send you my address and hell, I'll even pay for shipping!
lmao u dont understand my situation dumbshit i cant wait at all to sell it on like cragslist cause i still have my gear posted on there and its been there for months soo **** that shit!!! if no one wants them ill get rid of them at some store and soo far Guitar center is my main decision
Quote by Powerstrike
lmao u dont understand my situation dumbshit i cant wait at all to sell it on like cragslist cause i still have my gear posted on there and its been there for months soo **** that shit!!! if no one wants them ill get rid of them at some store and soo far Guitar center is my main decision

Or you just have your shit marked up for to much?

Go take your stuff to Guitar Center buddy, I could care less anymore.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Well, buddy, if you are that messed with selling it, take it to a pawn shop. They'll give you a fair bit more than GC will, especially for brand new gear like that.
What size peavey vyper is it? I'll take it if the price is right.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Powerstrike

You have no situation. You are a stupid, arrogant **** who has no clue how to manage his money - that's your situation. All we are doing is trying to help you get the most for your gear but you don't care, its basically like "**** you guys, I'm gonna do what I want no matter what you say." Why did you even bother wasting all of our time with this thread when you had it stuck in your head that you weren't going to take any advice from the get-go!?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
You have no situation. You are a stupid, arrogant **** who has no clue how to manage his money - that's your situation. All we are doing is trying to help you get the most for your gear but you don't care, its basically like "**** you guys, I'm gonna do what I want no matter what you say." Why did you even bother wasting all of our time with this thread when you had it stuck in your head that you weren't going to take any advice from the get-go!?

+1 to this.

Don't know why I'm offering you advice, but....if your gear doesn't sell on craigslist, then delete the old ad after a few weeks, put up a new one with a bit lower price....also say you'd be interested in trading for your gear. If you have halfway decent gear (which you say you have), and are reasonable, you'll move it pretty easily. But whatever.
'Cause I have done it before and I will do it some more....
Quote by i_am_metalhead

Dude, I know exactly how you feel. You just have ignore these people who just want you to tell them what they want to hear.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+3 hundred and 11

This sort of reminds me of someone last night.......
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
The one positive to trade in is sales tax. If your trade in is only about $ 100 or so less than you could get on an outright sale, you may be coming out better trading if it is a higher dollar trade in value.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

88 Marsh JCM 800 1/2 stack
05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
You will probably just end up selling the new guitar and amp you are going to buy and end up with even less when you sell it back to GC.
I just sold an amp to GC after trying for 3 months to sell it on craigslist.

GC should be your LAST (read: absolute last) resort.

They generally give you about 1/4 of its worth.

My head ran about 600 and they gave me 150.

Sucked but I needed the money, and needed it out of my house.

again: Last resort.
powerstrike,

i'm calling you out. I re-read your thread trying to find a way to be sympathetic and all i found was patheticness. H4T3BR33D3R and the rest of us have been around long enough to know what GC will give people for used gear. 40% is going rate. Maybe 45%.

Now, if you actually bought that stuff there and you truely need to 'clean out the gear in your room' then there is no way you would settle for what they will give you.

I just spent about 4 minutes checking the Atlanta craiglistings and I didn't see your gear. I did see a red Agile al2000 gibson style guitar. Is that yours? I wouldn't get rid of that if I was sane.

I searched Vypyr and Peavey and didn't see anything. Lots of great 5150s, 6505s, Classic 30s but not your amp. I also searched Microcube and Cube and didn't see your amp. Maybe you took it off thar. Did you?

Maybe I'm wrong. Prove me wrong. Did you buy the gear you have now or did someone buy it for you as gift?

Edit: you can delete your posts but you've said:
-'It's dead weight in your room' (that stuff doesn't take up that much room)
-'You're deseperate' (or whatever)
-'You've had your stuff on craigslist for months (hey, i check Atlanta craigslist frequently for other legitimate UGrs and a Vypyr would have stood out). And, i don't see your amps now.

Sorry. Obvioulsy I have too much time on my hands. What gives? Vypyrs and Microcubes and that guitar are pretty hot so you shouldn't have too much trouble. Unless the gear is hot and/or you drug money or something.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Nov 11, 2008,
craigs list it...its so easy, just do it a few times and youll get someone eventually....dont just trade in at guitar center, itll be like giving it away, if your gonna do that give it away to one of us
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
powerstrike,

i'm calling you out. I re-read your thread trying to find a way to be sympathetic and all i found was patheticness. H4T3BR33D3R and the rest of us have been around long enough to know what GC will give people for used gear. 40% is going rate. Maybe 45%.

Now, if you actually bought that stuff there and you truely need to 'clean out the gear in your room' then there is no way you would settle for what they will give you.

I just spent about 4 minutes checking the Atlanta craiglistings and I didn't see your gear. I did see a red Agile al2000 gibson style guitar. Is that yours? I wouldn't get rid of that if I was sane.

I searched Vypyr and Peavey and didn't see anything. Lots of great 5150s, 6505s, Classic 30s but not your amp. I also searched Microcube and Cube and didn't see your amp. Maybe you took it off thar. Did you?

Maybe I'm wrong. Prove me wrong. Did you buy the gear you have now or did someone buy it for you as gift?

Edit: you can delete your posts but you've said:
-'It's dead weight in your room' (that stuff doesn't take up that much room)
-'You're deseperate' (or whatever)
-'You've had your stuff on craigslist for months (hey, i check Atlanta craigslist frequently for other legitimate UGrs and a Vypyr would have stood out). And, i don't see your amps now.

Sorry. Obvioulsy I have too much time on my hands. What gives? Vypyrs and Microcubes and that guitar are pretty hot so you shouldn't have too much trouble. Unless the gear is hot and/or you drug money or something.

Depends on the gear your trading and your negotiation with them. I am sure if it is a crap piece of equipment that will not be able to move quickly, they will offer you a low ball number. I have traded a Les Paul in and received what was about 90 % of what I could have received for it in cash in this market. When the tax difference was calculated, it made sense for me and it was hassle free and instant. I also know of one location that paid about 95 % of a telecaster and were stuck with it. The guitar was literally worth $ 700 and they had $ 600 in it. The guy who took it in did get an ear full though.

The point is, it may be possible to work a deal. Try, if it does not work out, walk away and sell it on your own.
2008 Gibson LP
1968 Gibson LP
2005 Am Strat Del

88 Marsh JCM 800 1/2 stack
05 Marsh AVT50
08 H & K Triamp Mk. II
07 Orange PPC 212
08 Dr. Z 212
lol your the guy from youtube i was talking too and you are gonna get a tube amp for your b-day to jam with your friends lol
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
They take stuff but not for much, I brought in my old 15watt amp, great condition, only got $20. I wasn't expecting to get a whole ton, but I was expecting a lot more than that.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Quote by Powerstrike

If you're not going to listen to anyone and acting like a fucking stubborn 12 year old then go ahead and sell it at Guitar Center you dipshit.

Enjoy losing hundreds of dollars. I'm sure you'll be able to make up for it with your allowance hand outs in about 6 months.
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Page 1 of 2