I am very seriously considering getting one... what are peoples experiences and opinions on this guitar?
I used one and liked it a lot, but I didn't find it worth more than the LTD EC-1000, so I went with that instead.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
just get a ec-1000, unless the ltd<esp thing bothers you
Smart Pothead and Proud
Really, you could just get an EC-1000 for a chunk cheaper. The bone nut that comes on the Eclipse 2 isn't worth the price difference, let alone it has 22 frets, not 24 (EC-1000). Pretty much, preference comes into play here. My EC-1000 is pretty amazing, and I really think it looks better than the Eclipse 2 anyway.
Jet propulsion disengage.

Quote by Xiaoxi
^I love your username
i got the ec-50,Loves it,just customized the pickups,EMGs,feels and sounds like its worth more than the 200 bucks i paid for it,and its in a color that i have yet to ever see again...had it for about 5 years now.But the decision is souly yours when it comes to your perfect guitar,everyone has there own sense of Style,Sound,and feel for a guitar..If this guitar feels right,Get it!
Gather the Faithful and Propose a toast!
ESP Eclipse 2:

Set-Neck
24.75” Scale

Mahogany Body

Mahogany Neck
Ebony Fingerboard

42mm Bone Nut

Thin U Neck Contour

22 XJ Frets

Gold Hardware

Gotoh Magnum Lock Tuners

Gotoh TOM Bridge & Tail

EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N) Active p.u.

Finish: VB

EC-1000:

Set-Neck
24.75” Scale

Mahogany Body
Flamed Maple Top

Mahogany Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard

42mm Earvana Compensated Nut

Thin U Neck Contour

24 XJ Frets

Black Nickel Hardware

ESP Locking Tuners

Tonepros Locking Bridge & Tail

So the ESP has a better fingerboard, better nut better hardware (imo), better bridge and tail, better tuners.... but less frets... hm thats a tough choice
Finish: STP
Last edited by guitar567 at Nov 10, 2008,
Just remember that you can always Change the Specific pieces for your self...and possibly for cheaper
Quote by guitar567
ESP Eclipse 2:

Set-Neck
24.75” Scale

Mahogany Body

Mahogany Neck
Ebony Fingerboard

42mm Bone Nut

Thin U Neck Contour

22 XJ Frets

Gold Hardware

Gotoh Magnum Lock Tuners

Gotoh TOM Bridge & Tail

Finish: VB

EC-1000:

Set-Neck
24.75” Scale

Mahogany Body
Flamed Maple Top

Mahogany Neck
Rosewood Fingerboard

42mm Earvana Compensated Nut

Thin U Neck Contour

24 XJ Frets

Black Nickel Hardware

ESP Locking Tuners

Tonepros Locking Bridge & Tail

Finish: STP

So you're paying $620 more for Gotoh bridge+tuners and a Bone nut? And 2 less frets?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
So you're paying $620 more for Gotoh bridge+tuners and a Bone nut? And 2 less frets?

And the name on the headstock LOL and a better fingerboard and better hardware (imo)
lol,thats why i like taking a Namebrand guitar and Customizing my own way...Do away with all the Capitalist Gutarist!Make it your own!
Not worth it.

What makes the hardware better?
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
Not worth it.

What makes the hardware better?

Its gold, which I personally prefer.
Quote by mike.h

and it being a custom shop model made in japan
I love mine.

I tried a bunch of the EC1000's and they did nothing for me. The Eclipse is not a 'custom shop' model either, it's a standard series. The wood quality and hardware make a big difference to some. All preferance though.

EDIT-
Pretty much, comparing the LTD and ESP line up is like comparing an import Jackson to USA, import Dean to USA ect. ect. ect.
Last edited by caraluzzo at Nov 11, 2008,
I have an esp ec100 and love it. It's your choice though. I would get the ec1000 and use the saved cash to either upgrade it, down payment on a new amp, efx, etc. Plus I like the cosmetics and paint job better on the ec1000.
don't forget variations within the wood as well with the ESP probably using a higher grading of mahogany than the LTD variants. and i love my ESP Eclipse II nice and comfy neck that is just the perfect shape for me and it actually feels rather light as well
You could try doing a custom order one as well. Make it to your exact requirements. Maybe mix the best aspects of both>?
Quote by mwalluk
You could try doing a custom order one as well. Make it to your exact requirements. Maybe mix the best aspects of both>?

as long as the TS knows it's going to cost him thousands of dollars an an 8 month wait
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Atleast an 8 month wait, and hoping that ESP gets the order right. Seen alot of orders screwed up from ESP this year. If you have the cash for the Eclipse II, and you know you want one, then get it. Everyone has there own opinion. You just have to think of what you want and go from there. If you have atleast $3500+ and don't need the guitar anytime soon, a CS isn't really an option.

EDIT- If you're willing to buy used, and look around, you can pick up an Eclipse for only a little more then an EC-1000.
Last edited by caraluzzo at Nov 11, 2008,
Quote by caraluzzo
If you're willing to buy used, and look around, you can pick up an Eclipse for only a little more then an EC-1000.

Maybe if you're comparing a used Eclipse II to a new EC-1000.

Used they still have a pretty big price difference.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
True. This discussing is more like trying to discuss Gibson Les Paul studios and standards, both great guitars.
Quote by mwalluk
True. This discussing is more like trying to discuss Gibson Les Paul studios and standards, both great guitars.

Eh, not really. The Standard destroys the Studio in every way imo. Whereas the quality between the EC-1000 and Eclipse II isn't quite as huge.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I meant more in terms of both are good axes. Both the Standard and Eclipse have better hardware, electronics, wood, etc than the affirmentioned, but all are better than other guitars in their price range. So if someone had a Studio, it's still a good guitar, just not as good as a standard