or is it ridiculous that stores already have christmas displays and are advertising for holiday sales. Its not even Thanksgiving yet Does anyone else feel the same? Is it different outside the US?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
I feel exactly the same. I kept asking myself and other people "what happened to thanksgiving?"

EDIT:
Quote by slaptasticdave
or is it ridiculous that stores already have christmas displays and are advertising for holiday sales. Its not even Thanksgiving yet Does anyone else feel the same? Is it different outside the US?

Thanksgiving is a USA holiday. Don't ask about the other countries.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

i think its a little crazy. i work at a grocery store, and i feel like we skipped thanksgiving. we had halloween stuff, now we have christmas.

it seems way too early.
Nah, I feel the same. My work place has already put out all the Christmas stuff, and its just weird to work around it this time of year.
Christmas sales go up on November 1st, the day after Halloween.

Its been that way FOREVER!
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Nah, it's always like that. They scrap everything after Halloween and start having Christmas themed shit. Hell, I went to Walmart on the 2nd, and there were all kinds of Christmas stuff already.
I work at Target, as I stated in another thread, and we start putting up Christmas decorations the a week before halloween. Just seeing the trees and lights puts most people in a shopping mood, boosting sales and credit card applications.
At Petsmart we've had Christmas decorations since like the 15th of October.
Marketing.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
i work in retail, so i've learned some of the reasons behind shit like this.

basically we're trying to remind people that there are only a couple of weeks before Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving when EVERYONE goes shopping and gets stuff at what usually are the lowest prices of the year)

we want people to see the stuff and look into buying something long before Christmas
Quote by Mecler
I work at Target, as I stated in another thread, and we start putting up Christmas decorations the a week before halloween. Just seeing the trees and lights puts most people in a shopping mood, boosting sales and credit card applications.

Just what the economy needs
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
am i wrong, or is it ridiculous that people are amazed every year by it, even though it's always been like that...

i went to wal-mart on the 28th, and there was already christmas stuff up
Quote by viper_mike
am i wrong, or is it ridiculous that people are amazed every year by it, even though it's always been like that...

i went to wal-mart on the 28th, and there was already christmas stuff up

This is the first time I noticed it.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

I thought Christmas sales started the Friday after Thanksgiving?
Hence, Black Friday
and I think Canada has Thanksgiving, but not at the sime time...
Quote by Boss61607
I thought Christmas sales started the Friday after Thanksgiving?
Hence, Black Friday
and I think Canada has Thanksgiving, but not at the sime time...

I think its because Columbus kicked the Natives out of Canada as well.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
all my local stores have large, intimidating turkey balloons, and other turkey paraphernalia. there are also slightly racist displays of Native Americans feasting with all their fat, annoying relatives that they cant stand to be around.

you lucky bastards skip thanksgiving
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Quote by slaptasticdave
Just what the economy needs

It actually is to some degree.

But this happens every year.
Thanksgiving was last month...

Oh wait, Canada hasn't done anything cool, so we steal everything from the US and try to make it our own.

Also, if you're Filipino, this all seems normal. my mom was asking me to put up Christmas lights last month and today she told me to go look for our old Christmas tree
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
it seems like they cooked up this whole "The Holidays" campaign just so they could skip thanksgiving and go right on to christmas, when people spend the big bucks. after all, theyre not christmas decorations, theyre "holiday" decorations. thanksgiving counts as one of "the holidays".

damn materialist culture....

...*goes off to mutter in the corner*
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by LazyLatinoRocke
I feel exactly the same. I kept asking myself and other people "what happened to thanksgiving?"

EDIT:
Thanksgiving is a USA holiday. Don't ask about the other countries.

We have Thanksgiving in Canada, except it's earlier. And yes I think it's ridiculous for the record. December 12 I think is when people should be allowed to put Christmas decorations up, no sooner.
Same with goddamn Christmas music omg they have it playing 24/7 for four weeks. It's not healthy, no wonder so many people commit suicide during this holiday.
It is pretty ridiculous how early into the year they advertise Christmas with those damned lights and reefs and trees...

/butthurt jew
I went to the local walmart and they had christmas stuff up already before halloween, I agree its pointless because I dont buy christmas stuff until at least after thanksgiving usually beginning of december.

Although at the store where I work we already have people asking for gift receipts or to hide stuff from their kids, etc.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Phillitalian
Thanksgiving was last month...

Oh wait, Canada hasn't done anything cool, so we steal everything from the US and try to make it our own.

Also, if you're Filipino, this all seems normal. my mom was asking me to put up Christmas lights last month and today she told me to go look for our old Christmas tree

we did burn down the whitehouse....
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Quote by clancy256

OMG that was epic
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by clancy256

psshaw, we did that too, and i bet we did it first!
I have no opinion on this matter.
Dude, I went to a KFC and they were playing Christmas music over the PA system. WTF?!? Can you imagine working there having to not only deal with your job, but a short CD of horrible, cheap Christmas music? I'd kill the manager!