ok heres the deal ive got a gibson sg standard, a marshall mg100hdfx stack (dont flame it, i know), and I run a boss mt-2 metalzone into it all.

When i use the amps distortion, there is an acceptable amount of feedback and its relatively quiet while Im not playing. But turn the mt-2 on and the thing starts shreaking. I can turn down all the knobs on the mt-2 but then the distortion sounds terrible and it kind of defeats the purpose of having it in the first place. Anyone have any advice on what to do? again dont flame the amp cuz its not the amp im having trouble with.

Also, when the pedal is on, it increases the buzzing drastically, even if I have my volumes turned down. Any ideas?
You have way too much gain - thats why you are getting so much feedback.

Either use the amps gain or put the amp on the clean channel and use the metal zone.

And as far as the buzzing, I'm assuming thats the result of using a cheap, digital distortion pedal.
Quote by i_am_metalhead

And as far as the buzzing, I'm assuming thats the result of using a cheap, digital distortion pedal.

...it's analog, and not that cheap, just not the best sound quality.
I am using the clean channel on the mg. Should i just turn the gain all the way down on the mg and solely use the dist pedal? Or use a little bit of both?

by the way which knob is gain on the mt-2?
on the left it has a know that says level, on the right it had a knob that says dist. and in the middle are the eq knobs
^ you should be able to tell which is the gain knob by listening to it. anyway it's the 'distortion' knob labeled "dist."

and the mt-2 is already a pretty noisy pedal, and coupled with the gain in the MG... *shudders*

like said, use one or the other.

and get a new amp
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Ghold125
...it's analog, and not that cheap, just not the best sound quality.

Oh, my mistake. I always thought that those Boss distortion pedals were digital. However, $90 is pretty cheap for a distortion pedal in my book. IMO you really aren't going to get anything good unless you're willing to shell out about twice that much - but we aren't here to debate prices, we are here to try to help the TS solve his problem.