I've only played on 9's but I think I'm going to try some 11's out because I want to be able to do more drop tunings. Do you guys think I can get down to drop B with 11's? Or even 10's?
just get a baritone and a capo.
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
^ What a practical solution...

You can do it with whatever gauge you want, but for optimal tone and minimal buzz you're better getting something nice and heavy. The Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky's are nice strings. I use them (for a thicker bluesy tone mind you, not for dropping and metal - though I play QOTSA stuff down to C) and they do the job.
Quote by TimboSlice
^ What a practical solution...

You can do it with whatever gauge you want, but for optimal tone and minimal buzz you're better getting something nice and heavy. The Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky's are nice strings. I use them (for a thicker bluesy tone mind you, not for dropping and metal - though I play QOTSA stuff down to C) and they do the job.

I wasn't really asking what kind of strings.. Just how small I can go without flopping all over. Thanks anyway though, I might try those out.
I recommended the Not Even Slinky's because they start at a 12-gauge. I suppose I just should have said 12s. What a horrible faux-pas on my part.

He's referring to a baritone guitar, it has a longer neck (generally) and is tuned a 4th below E.