It's the only thing that I actual have an interest in, school wise. It would make sense that I take this stuff in college but what kind of jobs can i get out of it? A teacher, proffesor/sociologist, non of those actually interest me for a career lol

Also lets say I finished college with a BA in social studies or w\e, would I be doomed to the jobs I mentioned above?
Basically they teach you history so that we dont f uck up the same stuff that those silly people in the past did.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
teaching is actually a pretty good gig, if you can get it. four months off a year, easy hours, a decent paycheck and benifits. we should be so lucky.
I have no opinion on this matter.
history/social studies is one thing a lot of people that want to go to law school major in if their college doesn't have a pre-law track.

I mean you could start in some of those courses then discover you like archaeology or Social Work or psychology or political science or a shitload of other things

that's the beauty part about college, they let you change your major
Ya but I dont want to do that kind of stuff after college lol

Also all the stuff I'm in highschool is social studies stuff so I'm pretty much stuck taking it in college since I won'thave any other prerequisites.
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Basically they teach you history so that we dont f uck up the same stuff that those silly people in the past did.

+1
socail studies isnt that good
but yeah theres othr options for jobs
but most are boring and then ur classified as a nerd
Social Studies is a pretty vague term. It includes history, politics, anthropology, economics, psychology, law, religion, philosophy plus plenty I'm sure I'm forgetting. You can really do pretty much anything outside of science with it, but even a lot of it mixes with science, it is by no means a limiting subject.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
Well I'm talking about socioloy, psychology, anthropology, business management, and statistics math. Im thinking of taking those next year for college.
Quote by gateway8909
Ya but I dont want to do that kind of stuff after college lol

Also all the stuff I'm in highschool is social studies stuff so I'm pretty much stuck taking it in college since I won'thave any other prerequisites.

Your not stuck. As long as you get accepted into the college, you can do anything.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"