So i changed my string gauge like a month ago.. of which i thought going from a 10-42 to 10 52 doesnt relly change much.. but then today i realised something which i have never realised before... the Bridge is not flat and now im like.. ahhh thats why my guitar sounds relly S#1t lately...

what the hell do i do with it to make it flat again ?

Its a yamaha pacifica 112j which is a strat copy.. and heres a pic

*edit.. i meant bridge... whatever lol you get the point
Last edited by UrMomsMom at Nov 11, 2008,
i tighten the springs as much as i can.. the bridge is still not touching the wood... am i just a pussy ? or should i try and keep going ? its better but its still not touching
Put another spring in? And really, if you adjust it right, there's nothing wrong with leaving it floating...it was floating when Leo drew up the picture to apply for the patent.
Nope, no sig here.
how many springs have you got there? if you've got empty slots there buy one or two more.

and you might want to consider ... down tuning all the strings by half a step or a full step if all else fails.
ive got three springs and thers two spots left... im planning to buy another guitar anyway.. so i wont be using this a lot more after i got my new one...

il probably down tune it instead.. i dont even know if im tuning it right.. i lost my tuner and intonation of the guitar just gone blahh...

thanks guys... and where do i buy the springs btw for future reference?
Quote by UrMomsMom
ive got three springs and thers two spots left... im planning to buy another guitar anyway.. so i wont be using this a lot more after i got my new one...

il probably down tune it instead.. i dont even know if im tuning it right.. i lost my tuner and intonation of the guitar just gone blahh...

thanks guys... and where do i buy the springs btw for future reference?

You should have them included with your gitar package.
Quote by r4ster
You should have them included with your gitar package.

all springs come in a standard size. yes, you can get them at any guitar stores.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Put another spring in? And really, if you adjust it right, there's nothing wrong with leaving it floating...it was floating when Leo drew up the picture to apply for the patent.

well you can float it, but it needs to be lubed and balanced or it's not going to stay in tune.

and like said for flush against the body in this case, add springs also found easily on line.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeh thats the thing. my guitar dont stay in tune at all... now i know the reason... i might as well get it set up =.='' get them install springs, set intonations, actions whatver..
intonation is just tuning along the board.

action is just using a tiny allen wrench to move the saddles up and down.

and adding a spring is about as hard as lacing a shoe.

check out the set up Q n A thread at the top of the page. the first post has all these answers and will save you $40 setting up a $200 guitar

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602241
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

yahh i know.. i tried it and worked lol... but my fren has a fren who does set-up for free... so yah.. i might as well go professional than some idiot hoping to get it right.. and i dont have a tuner atm... its hard to judge the harmonic and the open for me.. so maybe if i borrow someones tuner il do it myself.. btw what did you mean by lubed and balanced?
well when you "float" a trem you plan on having perfect balance between the strings and srpings, you pivot the bridge on it's outter 2 screws and lube all contact points between the headstock and bridge.

it's not easy, almost impossible to do a good job of balancing, floating a starter to intermediate trem guitar.

those usually work their best when they are flush against the body.

less trem use, but much better tuning stability.

and $20, look into korge Chromatic tuners. a good move.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62