As topic indicate, is AxeMusic any good? or should I ask for Tom Lee to do the buyign for me?
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
It's alright, could be better to be honest.

If I had to chose between AxeMusic, or store, I'd take the store.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
They overcharge and you don't even get a case or the original box or anything. I'll never go there again..
Quote by Weapon&TheWound
They overcharge and you don't even get a case or the original box or anything. I'll never go there again..

And I guess that's for going in location?! Damn. I was thinking of ordering that FM-408 from Axe, but now...

On a side note, any chance of the price goign down? I am not willing to buy a guitar that was 699 a few monthes ago until it's around 750 (currently 830)
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
Crate CPB150
Metal Muff
You could try Long & McQuade.

I'm not sure if there is a store in Vancouver, but Mother's Music is quite good too.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
You could try Long & McQuade.

I'm not sure if there is a store in Vancouver, but Mother's Music is quite good too.

L&M doesn't deal ESP. TomLee does, but it's special order (and it's famous, thanks to the establish base in hong Kong — it's one of those originate from HK but gain foothold in canada, ala HSBC) They are both big in vancouver.

And there is one for Mother's Music in vancouver. I will look into that.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
Crate CPB150
Metal Muff
they're awful slow with their shipping.

You'll spend more time waiting for them to get the box out of their store than waiting for Purolator to arrive.
i.e.
Average time for Purolator to get package from Alberta to Quebec- 5 Days (for me)
Average time for Axemusic to get your box packaged and out of their store- 1 week or more

But if you keep calling them and tormenting asking "when are you going to ship my box?" it'll get out faster.
i've never bought online from them, but their actual store location is only a 2 min drive from where I work, so I drop by pretty often to see what they have. My dad has bought quite a few keyboard accesories and items from them and I've also bought all my nice headphones from there too. They seem to have competitive prices in the store, but again I'm not sure about the online. I know my dad once ordered something through them online cause they didn't have it in the store, they had to ship it from their warehouse and it took a few days longer than it should (like 3 or 4 days more than expected).

I'm from Calgary btw.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
I hate that store. I tried buying something twice, the first time, it got delayed for a couple days because my address on the cedit card was incorrect ebcause moved, that was fine so I changed it. Then it was in their hands for a week and they never even sent it. I cancelled that one and order something else and they claimed the expirary date was wrong on the cc , I replied to the email with the correct date(it wasn't wrong), they never sent anything. I called them and asked wtf is going on, and he said he didnt get the email. Then he said it would take 7-10 business days to get here ( i live in newfoundland). It said 2-5 on their site. I mean I get things from the states within 7-10 business days.
axe musics pretty good you can get really good dealls on some of the labels they own but theyr shipping sucks took me like 3 weeks to get my new amp
Looks like I'm on the other side of the scales here.

I've bought from their online store on many occasions, from amps to guitars to miscellaneous gizmos to strings. All of the in-stock items were always at my doorstep four days after the order, across four provinces. If there ever were any issues with processing, I got a phonecall from them first thing in the morning and it was always shipped the same day. I've had to wait longer for a few special order items, but that's expected. Didn't mind, considering how a lot of their prices are laughable compared to department music stores. YMMV, but I have only good things to say about them.

On the other hand, having ran online retail sales for years, I can in full certainty say that most people who get their orders delayed are actually idiots who couldn't provide proper order information if their life depended on it, and who get aggro about it when confronted by the CS agent. Processing fuckups happen too, but not as often.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I had good experiences with Axe Music. Bought my PRS from them, and they made a couple mistakes on the sale (they knocked off $50 off the price and set the guitar up the way I wanted with the string gauge I like.... all for the bother of having to wait a few days extra for shipping).

I would buy from them again in a heartbeat, found lamusic good to deal with too.

Still prefer local shops over online though.
Peavey 6505 212 Combo
Agile interceptor Pro 727
Schecter Hellraiser C1 - FR
PRS SE Custom
Fender MIA Standard Strat
Digitech GNX3000
I bought a pedal from them once, wasn't a bad experience but nothing really puts them above any other guitar store I've dealt with. I'd probably buy a guitar off 'em that they had in stock. I find each time I go in the routinely have some pretty price guitars for pretty cheap, last time I was their there was Some kind of Schecter Blackjack for about $500.
in person i like axe music it's one of my favorite stores in Edmonton sometimes it takes them a while to get something shipped tho but usually i don't mind. It's equal with mothers music in my mind.
Keep On Keepen' On
I buy some things there, it's fine. I prefer Long and McQuade, but that is because they have more of my prefered brand names. Axe is large, so sometimes you can find odds and end, or more selection that other places. I recently bought a hand drum there. Their selection was far above any others. They do carry some great acoustic guitars. I'm not a fan of their electric selection. They have a medium drum section, but Mothers on 109th in Edmonton prolly has the biggest drums selection in the city. Avenue Guitars on Whyte has some awesome acoustics, Martin, Taylor, Larravee. RKM music on the south side, strangly enough had the Alvarez-Yairi I was looking for for about $100 less than any of these big guys, and I was able to deal them down a little more on top of that.. so.. go figure...
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES