I hate the shape of most basses, they're so awkward and bubbly looking.

Does anyone make a superstrat looking bass? Or something that looks like an S series Ibanez?
nah its still all bassy. like it seems the bass designers at the major companies take a good idea for a guitar shape and ruin it for the bass counterpart.
check out the ibanez SR series basses .they have sleek and slim body , similar to the S series guitars .
ok.

i like it when the company goes and makes a completely new design, like the musicman bongo.
Nice looking is extremely subjective. For example, I think the Warwick Dolphin is one of the best looking basses out there. Here's a few:

http://www.warwick.de/modules/custom_shop/NewsCustomShop.php?paging=true&page=0&limit=8&modell=Dolphin&finder=&cl=EN

http://www.warwick.de/modules/custom_shop/NewsCustomShop.php?newsID=1013&modell=Dolphin&page=0&cl=EN

Pthers will think they're trash. Best thing you can do is find as many bass manufacturers as possible and look at all their basses.
don't know about superstrats, but dean makes an ML bass, esp makes (made) an f-series bass, b.c. rich warlock bass, etc. but i agree with you, most basses are really awkward looking.
Stupid thread. Just go away and find a bass you like the look of. We all like different things.
Well there's always the P bass....it's not THAT different from a strat in shape. Maybe get the one with the humbucker at the bridge? That's about as close to a superstrat as you're going to get, IMO.

edit: sorry, I was thinking of a fat strat for some reason...
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 11, 2008,
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Facepalm indeed, I think Superstrats are the cheesiest and most dated looking instruments imaginable.

Check out vintage Jackson/Charvel stuff.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
Facepalm indeed, I think Superstrats are the cheesiest and most dated looking instruments imaginable.

Check out vintage Jackson/Charvel stuff.

this man says the facts of life.

go look at a Pedulla? expensive, but not as fat...
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I love the thread title... not "Does anybody make a Superstrat looking bass?" - it's implying that all basses are ugly. Because TS likes the look of a Superstrat.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Some Sadowsky basses kind of look like super strats to me.
Quote by max355
Hating the 49rs is like hating the retarded kid in class.

The Cowboys, weed, and bass. My three loves
Quote by Zyzzvya
nah its still all bassy. like it seems the bass designers at the major companies take a good idea for a guitar shape and ruin it for the bass counterpart.

Oh god, I am going to take a lot of flak for this *puts up 5 layer extra strength flame shield*

I actually feel the exact same way. almost all guitar designs adapted for bass look like s***, especially around the headstock. everything just looks out of proportion. just look at the SG bass, or the ibanez iceman, or the schecter 004 (which I know looks a lot like a rick, but I think it is so much uglier than a rick, whereas the guitars look pretty cool). I love the guitar versions of all of them, but the designs don't transfer over well to bass. I think it depends on what came first, really. look at Spector guitars. they adapted the Spector bass body for guitar, and so they look weird and out of proportion, again, especially around the headstock. just look for basses that were designed first as basses, not guitars.

I still think this thread was not a good idea. I just had to get that off my chest.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
(Invalid img)
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
^That weird jazz w/ humbucker is amazing

Warwicks have always had a certain awkward thing about them...
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
^That weird jazz w/ humbucker is amazing

I know. I find it hard to not like Sandbergs
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Quote by kugelspot
Oh god, I am going to take a lot of flak for this *puts up 5 layer extra strength flame shield*

I actually feel the exact same way. almost all guitar designs adapted for bass look like s***, especially around the headstock.

I don't think you're going to find many people who disagree with you on that.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
I don't think you're going to find many people who disagree with you on that.

I disagree, the neck and headstock are the best part of a bass.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Maverick's line of basses looked like the kind of thing described in the first post. Shame they don't make them any more.
Certain warwicks look gorgeous, im not really a fan the dolphin, as i like straight lines and corners on my basses. the warwick stryker with a quilted maple top looks amazing.
The Peavey in the second post is gorgeous, and cheap. I personally love the Jackson CMG Concert bass, like Dave Ellefson used to play, but it's quite expensive.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Quote by jimRH7
I think westfeilds make basses with unusually small bodies. they're fairly cheap, decent instruments.
EDIT picture is massive.:

http://www.westfieldguitar.co.uk/westfield/hires/VBS4a-2.jpg
#

But thats just a Wawrick copy
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
#

But thats just a Wawrick copy

...NAAHHH!....

It's smaller and that, like, ay?...

....shu'up.
I'm surprised Westfield hasn't been sued over the headstock and body shape - but probably the angled tuners are part of the likeness that Warwick trademarked.
Quote by Cody_Grey102