Poll: ??
Poll Options
View poll results: ??
art form
22 34%
machoism
43 66%
Voters: 65.
machoism or art form? I personally think that bodybuilding is no different than any other activity that strives to reach perfection. thus, it is an art form.

what do you think?
"I do body building, I smash them to pieces then I build them back." or similar - Seth Brindle AKA Brundlefly
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
i thought you meant guitar body building....which is art....but roided out idiots with muscles so comically oversized that they can't even wipe is not even macho, its got to be a mental disorder.
I don't know if I'd call it an artform, but it's certainly a viable and respectable way of life.

Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
It's an art. It allows people who possess a flair for the art, the ability to display their talent
Quote by walkinbazooka
I don't know if I'd call it an artform, but it's certainly a viable and respectable way of life.

super saiyan negro?
Gear:
Maton MS503
Squier Strat
Randall RG75DG3+
H & K 100W Switchblade
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Digitech Crossroads
Digitech Jamman
Zoom G1

Quote by Sol9989
Caramello wins life.

Quote by A8039077
Caramello, that's mother****ing genius!
In the extreme, art.

Most people that work out don't do it to achieve their concept of a perfect body, they just do it to become a more desirable version of themselves, therefore egotism not art.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
I think it's a little more mahoism. I like to stay fit and healthy but when you're going to those extremes, it becomes weird and disturbing.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Both, either, or neither. Depends on who you talk to. Subjective.

I, personally, find it disgusting, but I find some art disgusting, and it'd be boring if everyone liked the same so whatever... y'know.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Both, either, or neither. Depends on who you talk to. Subjective.

I, personally, find it disgusting, but I find some art disgusting, and it'd be boring if everyone liked the same so whatever... y'know.

Way to give a non-answer, Reva.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Last edited by walkinbazooka at Nov 11, 2008,
I think its a science more than anything to be honest...
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
Quote by walkinbazooka
Way to give a non-answer, Reva.

...err.... sorry.
Quote by SteveHouse
Oh the effort I've had building fat around my waist through the years...

Art takes sacrifice.
it depends on what you are trying to avhieve ny the bodybuilding.

If you just wanna look muscly to boost your ego and look manly = machoism
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
...err.... sorry.

Your post started out well, and then it's just became '...ahh whatever you think is what I think...'
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by walkinbazooka
Your post started out well, and then it's just became '...ahh whatever you think is what I think...'

Pardon my crappy mood, if you please :/

But eh. S'the only way to put it.
Quote by SteveHouse
I think bodybuiling is fine to those who want to improve themselves as long as this doesn't happen.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
I think bodybuiling is fine to those who want to improve themselves as long as this doesn't happen.

Serves the bitch right!

(post: not serious; video: not serious)
Quote by shattamakar

Bodybuilding takes more dedication, motivation, and commitment than any other sport. Period. What other sport requires you to train 24 hours a day? Yes bodybuilders train in the gym, while they are eating, and while they are sleep. To say it is funny/disgusting/weird/machoism/whatever just makes you laughable and lazy IMO.

I would say it is definately an art form and also just a way of striving to perfect yourself. Look at any form of unclothed classical art. You never see beer bellies, lots of fat deposits, or skinny people, it is always toned/defined muscles. Artists recognized this, and these are the sculptures that bodybuilders strive to achieve everyday, except the sculptures are themselves and to make the sculpture better you have to have tons of will power.

In most sports, you do something and get a trophy, in bodybuilding, the trophy is yourself. And like Joe Weider said, bodybuilding is not a sport, its a lifestyle.

Sorry for the rant lol, I just love bodybuilding.
Quote by EnemyWolf
To say it is funny/disgusting/weird/machoism/whatever just makes you laughable and lazy IMO.

It's funny, disgusting, weird, and people who do it think they're macho. HOW DYA LIKE DEM APPLES?

Quote by EnemyWolf
I would say it is definately an art form and also just a way of striving to perfect yourself. Look at any form of unclothed classical art. You never see beer bellies, lots of fat deposits, or skinny people, it is always toned/defined muscles.

haha now who's laughable?

....seriously, learn about what you're talking about before you say it.

I'd post a Rubens painting but it'd probably be classed as full on-nudity so eh.
Quote by SteveHouse
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Nov 11, 2008,
Well, if you enjoy doing the same thing, over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, then maybe it is fun.
I wouldn't say art form is the right word...it's more of a lifestyle thing. At the end of the day as weird and vain as it may seem to some people it shares the same self improving goals and dedication that athletes and pro sportsmen have.

I look at it as the same way as running. Lots of people run purely to stay slim yet lots of people also do it because it cos it makes them feel good and it is something they have a passion for. Same applies for bodybuilding.
Quote by radio_schizo
I wouldn't say art form is the right word...it's more of a lifestyle thing. At the end of the day as weird and vain as it may seem to some people it shares the same self improving goals and dedication that athletes and pro sportsmen have.

I look at it as the same way as running. Lots of people run purely to stay slim yet lots of people also do it because it cos it makes them feel good and it is something they have a passion for. Same applies for bodybuilding.

Hm your post made me think of it in a different light.

Bodybuilding is, at least for some bodybuilders, like me and my body modifications. I don't know why, but it makes me happy, and I think it looks nice.

I suppose me thinking bodybuilding looks disgusting is like people saying how disgusting I look because of my body mods. That generally doesn't affect me but it's not very nice is it? Maybe I should stick to a neutral comment than a negative one.

I dislike bodybuilding for many reasons, but I guess it might make people happy.... although I believe that body modification, for the most part, is far less dangerous.
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Hm your post made me think of it in a different light.

Bodybuilding is, at least for some bodybuilders, like me and my body modifications. I don't know why, but it makes me happy, and I think it looks nice.

I suppose me thinking bodybuilding looks disgusting is like people saying how disgusting I look because of my body mods. That generally doesn't affect me but it's not very nice is it? Maybe I should stick to a neutral comment than a negative one.

I dislike bodybuilding for many reasons, but I guess it might make people happy.... although I believe that body modification, for the most part, is far less dangerous.

The last bit depends on many factors. With body mods can come infections. With bodybuilding's steroid abuse (which not all bodybuilders do, keep in mind) can come stopping the body's production of testosterone.

Both of these activities can be perfectly safe, however (bodybuilding is even a very healthy lifestyle).
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by walkinbazooka
The last bit depends on many factors. With body mods can come infections. With bodybuilding's steroid abuse (which not all bodybuilders do, keep in mind) can come stopping the body's production of testosterone.

Both of these activities can be perfectly safe (bodybuilding is even a very healthy lifestyle).

Hence why I said the most part.

Both can be very dangerous, I know. I just feel that bodybuilding's effects are more permanently damaging. I can't explain what I mean.... so I'm not going to bother
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Hence why I said the most part.

Both can be very dangerous, I know. I just feel that bodybuilding's effects are more permanently damaging. I can't explain what I mean.... so I'm not going to bother

That's true.

That's also the reason I'll never use AAS.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by walkinbazooka
That's true.

That's also the reason I'll never use AAS.

Good :/

I suppose if we're comparing then maybe.... steroids to bodybuilding are a bad piercer/tatooist to the body mod community?

Hm.
Quote by SteveHouse