Page 1 of 2
So my mum opened a mexican fast food place after she was fired from her old job (her boss hated her because my mum still looks pretty good with 45 and her boss was an ugly fat bitch with 24)

The menu consists of tacos, both crispy and soft, quesadillas, nachos and flautas, with guacamole and salsa for free. one taco is 1.50 euros, quesadillas with nachos and salsa are 5 euros. are these okay prices?

keep in mind there is no such thing as taco bell here in germany. The few mexican restaurants we have are hideously expensive, they charge 5 euros per taco.
Just sell them for double what they cost you in the first place or half of what the competition charges, whichever's more.
I want 6 Nachos, two quesadillas, and two Tacos with spicy salsa sauce please. :]
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Deliriumbassist
wait...

did you kinda call your mum hot?

I think "pretty good" is ok to call your mom, "hot" is a different story.
Quote by CoreysMonster
So my mum opened a mexican fast food place after she was fired from her old job (her boss hated her because my mum still looks pretty good with 45 and her boss was an ugly fat bitch with 24)

Yeah, that's not a real reason to dismiss someone

Sounds awesome though, so good luck. Next time I'm in Europe I'll swing through
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by frankv
If you're cheaper than all your competition and expensive enough to maintain your business I'd say you're doing fine. I'd calculate to see how much you'd have to sell to break even with your spendings.

I agree, take all costs into consideration, including premises, wages and equipment and price them accordingly. Although if you've discovered a hole in the market, use it by all means
Your making me hungry, and yes, I would pay those prices for Mexican food
Quote by ravioli123
James, a type of sandwich:

A sandwich that consists of ham, turkey, roast beef, shredded cheese, nacho cheese doritos, and ranch on a toasted bun.
"Hey man lets go get a couple James's for lunch"
Quote by Deliriumbassist
shush, I'm trying to make it incestuous dammit.

well, I find for being 45 and after having 4 kids, my mom still looks pretty good. how is that incestuous?
Nachos aren't Mexican food, just like French fries and French toast aren't French.

I can't imagine what your food will taste like. No offence, but American's version of Mexican food (Taco Bell) is waaaay off the mark. Now, just imagine Germany's version of Mexican food?

Anyway... I suggest upgrading your menu to mole, pipian, menudo, posole, discada, carne asada, cabrito al pastor, caldo de pollo, frijoles charros, huevos rancheros, tripitas, tamales, enchiladas, entomatadas.

THAT is real mexican food.

EDIT: i'm about 7 blocks away from the border with Mexico.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Nov 11, 2008,
Quote by CoreysMonster
well, I find for being 45 and after having 4 kids, my mom still looks pretty good. how is that incestuous?

you're making it out to be even more incestous
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Yay capitalism you forgot the most important factor of any mexican restaurant- CHURROS!!!!!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
It isn't I'm trying to twist it. And how big are the portions?

32 G
give us the name and ill make a point to go there whenevr im in germany!!;p
I have no idea of the prices (maybe google taco bells prices?) but good luck
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
taco bell prices are pretty cheap. i just dont know how they correspond to german money. in american dollars at taco bell a taco crunchy or soft is 99 cents. a burrito with cheese rice and beef is 99 cents. nachos and cheese are 89 cents. a quesadilla is like 2.50. there are a few other things on the menu but i think thats all you mentioned you were selling
Quote by evening_crow
Nachos aren't Mexican food, just like French fries and French toast aren't French.

I can't imagine what your food will taste like. No offence, but American's version of Mexican food (Taco Bell) is waaaay off the mark. Now, just imagins e Germany's version of Mexican food?

Anyway... I suggest upgrading your menu to mole, pipian, menudo, posole, discada, carne asada, cabrito al pastor, caldo de pollo, frijoles charros, huevos rancheros, tripitas, tamales, enchiladas, entomatadas.

THAT is real mexican food.

EDIT: i'm about 7 blocks away from the border with Mexico.

my mom IS mexican. she know's what mexican food is, and what people think mexican food should be like.

chili con queso, sag ich nur.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
wait...

did you kinda call your mum hot?

I saw that, and what does she have 45 of?
Quote by Kensai
I have no idea of the prices (maybe google taco bells prices?) but good luck

But... taco bell isn't even mexican food.

Quote by CoreysMonster
my mom IS mexican. she know's what mexican food is, and what people think mexican food should be like.

chili con queso, sag ich nur.

In that case, there's only one question that remains: What is your mom doing in Germany?

Don't worry, mine's mexican too... i just somehow happened to have light skin.

Quote by evening_crow

Do they sell tacos? Read OP again
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Do they sell tacos? Read OP again

I'm sorry, but you have actually failed in this thread.

Taco bell is the American version of what Mexican food is like. While they do sell tacos, about 90% of their menu isn't actual mexican food.

Sorry, but i think my expertise in mexican food for the last 19+ years has spoken.

EDIT: put some tortas ahogadas in the menu. ppl will like it.

lecker in which town is your restaurant?
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.

The only Mexican food you need to run a place.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by evening_crow

In that case, there's only one question that remains: What is your mom doing in Germany?

Don't worry, mine's mexican too... i just somehow happened to have light skin.

so do i I think the gene is recessive.

anyway, she lived in El Paso, USA for most of her life with her family, and since there is a german airforce base (fort bliss), she met a german after I was born. she then moved to germany.
Requesting pics of TS' mom kthxbai
Quote by p o e
lmfao man thats so sick and depraved and yet funny all at once

my hats off to you IbanezSA160, you have embodied the Pit into one little poem
Give UG'ers a 90 percent discount.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Quote by CoreysMonster
so do i I think the gene is recessive.

anyway, she lived in El Paso, USA for most of her life with her family, and since there is a german airforce base (fort bliss), she met a german after I was born. she then moved to germany.

Dude!!!

i'm from el paso, texas!!!

I have some friends i talk to that are in ft bliss too (it's not a german base though; it's a US military base and airfield and was used extensively during WWII since it was one of the few bases to have an oversized track for large planes)!!! plus i was at the base's shooting range about 2 weeks ago doing weapons training for my job.

I guess now u know where i'm coming from regarding the menu. Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico is our border city... plus 80% of the population here is hispanic.

Quote by CoreysMonster
kiel, up in the north. unfortunately.

oh, though i live in the south, i like north way better anyway, and i've also got some friends up there^^ naja viel glück, hoffentlich wirds was
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
Quote by evening_crow
Dude!!!

i'm from el paso!!!

I have some friends i talk to that are in ft bliss too (it's not a german base though)!!! plus i was at the base's shooting range about 2 weeks ago doing weapons training for my job.

I guess now u know where i'm coming from regarding the menu. Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico is our border city... plus 80% of the population here is hispanic.

yeah, of course. I was in Ciudad Juarez a few times, but that was long ago. I was only 6 years old, then. Being half mexican, I would really like to go back and visit, but damn it's expensive.
Page 1 of 2