So i made a track a few weeks back with a clean guitar. I just got one response .... . Anyway I just made a basic riff and made a solo over it. I've been playing for a little less thank a year and half and only now started learning a little theory so I'm trying to put it to good use. Please check it out and comment and I will check yours out too
It's on my profile and it's called Impro 2 Rock. Thanks!

EDIT : Ignore the crappy riff playing, I did this mainly for my solo.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Last edited by the_wayward_one at Nov 12, 2008,
Your soloing seems to be developing well for only playing for a year and a half but your rhythm, at least on this track is lacking. Are you using a metronome? The soloing isn't always on track with the rhythm guitar, but that may be because the rhythm guitar isn't tight at all. Its obvious you can solo, so why does it sound like you put so little time into the rhythm?

Its also odd how the rhythm guitar tone is so crusty and lo fi but the solo sounds liquidy and sound pretty good. Nice start though, just work on your rhythm.
Thanks man, I just recorded this suddenly, I was warming up and found this cool little legato lick (which you can hear in the middle) so i just recorded a rhythm track in one take (with mistakes didn't bother recording it again), and then soloed over it, I improvised a beginning and end, I basically did it to try out the legato lick but the solo sounded cool so I uploaded regardless of the crappyness of the rhythm track. As for the tone I used Guitar Rig, a big low end kind of sound (which kinda sounds bad i guess) for the rhythm and a custom preset with a lil phaser (i didn't this make preset though lol) for the solo. I'll do it again maybe this time with a little less gain for rhythm.
Last edited by the_wayward_one at Nov 11, 2008,
I really enjoyed the Bends, they sound so good!
What guitar are you using?

Your legato is awesome for a year and a half!
Thanks a lot man!! Really made my day!! I've been working on my vibrato for some time now, I'm finally making progress on it, makes everything sound a whole lot better, i love the sound of a smooth legato lick, i prefer it to speed picking (i can't speed pick anyway ) so i always noodle around with the guitar using legato, it helped a lot i guess lol. As for the guitar believe it or not it's only a cheap yamaha pacifica.
Last edited by the_wayward_one at Nov 12, 2008,
The guitar? well you could take a cheap 200 dollar guitar and use it with a good tube amp and it would sound great, the amp matters the most with regard to sound. Unfortunately I'm poor haha so I have no amp but I got Guitar Rig 3, it's an awesome Guitar Amp simulator, it's really really good, try it out. Trust me.