Hi everyone. This is a question to any of you guys who do crew work for live shows in the UK and across the rest of Europe. I currently do crew work in Sydney, (Australia) and it's pretty busy for us this time of year, but like all events crew I know that during winter all the work's going to dry up and there's going to be a few months of being poor.

Now the live scene in Europe is huge, and the seasons are the opposite to ours, so a working holiday crewing music festivals across Europe seems like the obvious way to fill in the gap. A few people I work with have done it, so I'm hopeful I can pull it off.

How many UGer's actually work in the business in Europe? I'm looking to learn as much as I can to maybe get some ideas for what agencies I should sign up with, what venues to approach, etc.

I've been advised to try and get on the crew for St Gallen festival in Swizerland, in June 09 because that's the gig that kind of kicks off the touring season, and if you work that one you'll get the next and so on.

I know there are a few other crew guys kicking around UG somewhere.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
but you do crew work somewhere? I'm interested in pretty much any travel opportunities with the skills I've got.

And yes it is two octave blues scale run.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard