Never mind why, it's something me and my fried are arguing about...
I want to know what amp do you think is better, the Fender frontman 212, or the Marshall DSL401?
Rock to Metal...
It's like that, I have a Marshall DSL401 in my home, and we have a Fender Frontman 212 in our Practice shelter, and my friend thinks the Fender is better...
Quote by shugon8
Thanks' although I want to see more opinions plz :P

Well, tbh, we're comparing a cheap, oversized practice amp and a professional level tube
And still my friend thinks the fender is better >.< He also says it have much more gain and a better distorsion..Oo
Quote by shugon8
And still my friend thinks the fender is better >.< He also says it have much more gain and a better distorsion..Oo

he is trollin you
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Hehe sorry but this isn't a joke...maybe my friend thinks that way because he haven't heard my Marshall on a very high volumes? The fender is in the practice shelter so we can play with him very loud, unlike my Marshall which is in my house...
What's the point in arguing over each others gear? Jamming would be much more productive than pointing out that a Frontman sounds like ass.
the dsl401 is the worst tube amp marshall makes, or so i hear. i've never played one myself. the fender fm212 is not as bad as people on this forum say it is. it gets excellent cleans, and the distortion is alright for a practice amp, but isn't what i would consider gigworthy. i think it's conceivable that that particular fender would get better tone than that marshall. tube doesn't necessarily = good. also, if you have an amazing tube amp with all the knobs jacked up to 10 and and mg eq'ed properly, the mg will probably sound better regardless of what anyone here says about it.
I don't like the dsl at all, but I'd take one over a frontman.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Wow TS, you must have pretty stupid friends...

"How interestink, but stupit."

^that's from Laugh-in. Anyone over 40 should remember it. Great show. Google it.
The marshall is crap for the money, better than the Frontman, but considering the frontman has actually okay cleans, 100 watts output (overkill i know, but its handy for the cleans so you dont get a whole load of SS break up mess), headphone jack, actual spring reverb (in comparison to the marshalls digital reverb), costs about 1/3 of the price in the UK, it really isnt by a wide margain better, but deffinately (IMO) better value for money, just because its got a few valves chucked in it doesnt make it great.

Im probably just bitter because i really dislike the DSL401.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx
the dsl401 is the worst tube amp marshall makes, or so i hear. i've never played one myself. the fender fm212 is not as bad as people on this forum say it is. it gets excellent cleans, and the distortion is alright for a practice amp, but isn't what i would consider gigworthy. i think it's conceivable that that particular fender would get better tone than that marshall. tube doesn't necessarily = good. also, if you have an amazing tube amp with all the knobs jacked up to 10 and and mg eq'ed properly, the mg will probably sound better regardless of what anyone here says about it.

Na, the TSL is really worse.
Well I haven't really asked what amp is better for his price…but what amp actually sounds better…and I would like to hear answers from people who know both amps pretty good.
Quote by neptune1988
Wow TS, you must have pretty stupid friends...

"How interestink, but stupit."

^that's from Laugh-in. Anyone over 40 should remember it. Great show. Google it.

VEEERY interestink...... you are retarded....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Quote by cutslikedrugsx

EVH played a marshall with the knobs all the way up, and he earned a series of amps and tons of modellers going for his signature tone. noones saying that your wrong, a solid state amp can sound better than a tube amp, but thats not what the guys asking. hes asking is if we prefer the marshall dsl 401(not tube amps in general)
over the fender FM212 (not any solid state in general). dont assume that because we all think that the marshall blows away the fender, that we are complete tube snobs.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I owned a smaller Frontman in a past life and have played the FM 212, and while I liked it at the time the older, wiser me can quite safely say it's a POS.
The DSL actually is a lot better than everyone says, (I almost bought one), it's just that a lot of people seem to think that if it isn't a JCM800, Plexi or some kind of rare Marshall, then it's overpriced and people who buy it are just buying it for the name. Agreed, that's true for MGs, the larger AVTs and probably the TSL series, but the DSLs and even the JCM900s get too much stick.

Basically DSL401>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Frontman.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shugon8
Rock to Metal...
It's like that, I have a Marshall DSL401 in my home, and we have a Fender Frontman 212 in our Practice shelter, and my friend thinks the Fender is better...

start playing poker for money with your friend.

Dave_Mc_Get_Out_Clause: I do not endorse or condone gambling. Especially if it's illegal where you are. Also, that was only a joke, and should be treated as such.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?