Hey i just got a new guitar (Ibanex Jem555) with a floyd rose system... now i have learned that tuning these thing up and down and playing songs in different pitches is not an option , which is a shame cause i like to play along to music.

now what i wanted to knowwas there there such a pedal or effect that i can shift my pitch down to say drop d to drop c without actually having to tune my guitar. I am sur ei have seen someone use one of these before... any help would be great thanks.
i think my digitech RP250 has something like that but it sounds super digital and shitty
✠I use emotion for the many and reserve reason for the few
✠Adolf Hitler✠
my boss gt8 has a pedal bend effect that can do that but it sounds kinda crappy tbh, i normally low the tunings on the songs on my pc to play along with them
like there's effect (pitch shifter) to pitch it up around -12 to +12 semitones, but as the guy above said, they really suck in tone and you most probably cant make one string sound lower than the other one , so you'd still need to drop the low E
Well, first off you should have almost definitely researched this before hand! i cant believe there is someone out there that doesn't know about floyd rose style bridges. Regardless, what's done is done.
There isn't a pedal that will lock your guitar into say Drop C , there are octave and pitchshifter pedals however I'm 80% sure you cant make it so your whole guitar is tuned to another tuning. Another option... is you unlock the 3 screws at the nut and leave them unlocked, or even take them off which would allow you to change tuning at will. However your guitar will probably go out of tune rather quickly.
Quote by Zanon
Well, first off you should have almost definitely researched this before hand! i cant believe there is someone out there that doesn't know about floyd rose style bridges. Regardless, what's done is done.
There isn't a pedal that will lock your guitar into say Drop C , there are octave and pitchshifter pedals however I'm 80% sure you cant make it so your whole guitar is tuned to another tuning. Another option... is you unlock the 3 screws at the nut and leave them unlocked, or even take them off which would allow you to change tuning at will. However your guitar will probably go out of tune rather quickly.

not to mention about not using the floyd also
Change the pitch of the songs on audacity
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

no i'm pretty sure there is not as it would have to reformat the sound; basically it would have to make the sounds, not the guitar - therefore you may as well buy a midi programme.
sorry that's why I would never buy a floyd rose; too much trouble and not enough versatility. if you have more than one guitar it's not so problematic; next time when buying a guitar do your homework!!

perhaps you can prioritise; if most of the stuff you play is in drop D, then balance the system and set the guitar up in drop D. worse case scenario is that you will just have to play all your drop C songs a step up; the frets will be the same it will just sound a bit higher; but not exactly noticeably so...playing a long with a CD like this though will cause problems...

good luck

peace
x
heres an idea, tune to drop C, then invest in a capo place on E and when ever you want to detune just move it or take it off.
Yeah i finally got round to all this, so, what shall i put here?

*insert hillarious ego boosting qoute here*

THE GAME
you just lost it
Buy a Tremol-No and lock the bridge when you want to down tune.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
I think the Fender VG Strat does that on it's own. A Roland synth pickup of some sort is what executes the different tunings on the VG Strat. So, check and see if Roland makes a pedal or guitar synth that changes to different tunings. Most of those mentioned pedals do sound crappy, but the VG Strat's different tuning settings sound pretty damn good. Otherwise, that's one of the reasons you get a second guitar...so you can have it ready with different tunings. Good luck.
Just checked and the VG Strat doesn't do drop C tuning. Just regular tuning, Drop D, Open G, DADGAD, Baritone/Low B, and 12 string. So, maybe that's not an option. Might wanna check Roland anyway.
thanks the audacity is a GREAT help! any tips on tuning the bottom string from drop to normal without much hassle?
Eddie Van Halen D-Tuna will take you from E to D.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
when you retune back to standard make sure the fine tuner at the bridge on the E string is close into the bridge/tightened quite alot so that you can use the bridge fine tuners to go to drop D by just twiddling the screw anti-clockwise.
There are programs that can change the pitch of songs for you, so you won't have to detune your guitar. I use the Amazing Slow Downer, but that thing costs money. I'm sure there is some freeware out there though. Google is your friend.

Quote by alfonzo99
Change the pitch of the songs on audacity

Or this.
You can change all of the strings the same interval, but can't change strings independently without a hexaphonic pickup. EG you can go from Standard tuning to D standard with a pedal but can't go standard to Drop D w/out a hexaphonic pickup. Alternative:
http://www.tremol-no.com/products.asp
To summarize everything above. Pitchshifter pedals is what you are looking for, however they can't down tune only 1 string. Look for "D Tuna" it might work.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Quote by OllieX
when you retune back to standard make sure the fine tuner at the bridge on the E string is close into the bridge/tightened quite alot so that you can use the bridge fine tuners to go to drop D by just twiddling the screw anti-clockwise.

that'll put the other 5 strings out of tune
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by Gregoric
that'll put the other 5 strings out of tune

Minorly if at all. The change in tension is minimal, and the other strings will remain close enough to being in tune that you'll hardly notice any change in them. That is if you have a high quality trem and have it set up right.
Buy a tremel-no or invest in a midi pickup system.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that shifting the pitch of just one string with a tradition audio setup is impossible..
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)