-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Also, I'm not familiar with the kind of floyd rose on the soloist. Is it a licensed or original?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
gotta go with the jackson. the seymour duncans are more versatile, and sound better in my opinion, than the emg's, especially the JB for rhythm parts. btw, im pretty sure the floyd rose is original on it.
That's such a tough choice IMO. I love both of those guitars.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I've actually tried the SL3 (but not the ESP) over the weekend.

Kind of a letdown for me...because...well...it felt like someone glossed the strings with tar and nuclear sludge. On top of not being flexible or slideable AT ALL by the time I had finished trying it out my fingers looked like I wiped my ass with them.

But otherwise it was SEX. I loved it. Played it through the amp I'm getting for xmas (Bugera 6262)
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
nevermind my previous post, one of those gutiars would be great through a bugera. maybe save up a little bit more and get a sl1
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Whoops never mind this post
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Last edited by TheBodomBullet at Nov 11, 2008,
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I've actually tried the SL3 (but not the ESP) over the weekend.

Kind of a letdown for me...because...well...it felt like someone glossed the strings with tar and nuclear sludge. On top of not being flexible or slideable AT ALL by the time I had finished trying it out my fingers looked like I wiped my ass with them.

But otherwise it was SEX. I loved it. Played it through the amp I'm getting for xmas (Bugera 6262)

All guitars feel like that in stores, ****ing peoples nasty hands
Quote by maiden_mexico
nevermind my previous post, one of those gutiars would be great through a bugera. maybe save up a little bit more and get a sl1

Idk.

I don't plan on either of those being my last guitar.

Just a great upgrade from my starter guitar.

My ULTIMATE goal is a gibson les paul custom in black. Idk though. That USA soloist looks ****ing AWESOME.

But that's a whole other thread lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Both of those are awesome, but you gotta think.. do you want a h/h pickup set or h/s/s because that's a big part of a choice like this.. If you've tried both of those out you should choose the one you think is sexier. I would personally go for the Ltd just because of that reason, but then again it's a ltd so it wont retain value as well as the Jackson. This probably didn't help... well anyways
then, there you have your goal. save up for the les paul. NEVER BUY ONE WITHOUT PLAYING IT though. i was tempted by so many vintage les paul customs on ebay, but i resisted and am buying the best one from my local dealer.
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Quote by maiden_mexico
then, there you have your goal. save up for the les paul. NEVER BUY ONE WITHOUT PLAYING IT though. i was tempted by so many vintage les paul customs on ebay, but i resisted and am buying the best one from my local dealer.

Yeah but getting the LP is far in the future. Even if I had the money to get it now I really wouldn't.

For now it's either the Soloist or the LTD

Also I'm really not to crazy about actives for some reason. Idk. I think the SL3 uses passives. The only way I'd get a guitar with actives if the juice was really worth the squeeze in terms of sound.

If I do choose the SL3 I'll probably wind up switching out the SD JB out for some sort of passive EMG or maybe even a SD Blackout if I'm feeling up to it, seeing as how I play a lot of metal.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Last edited by TheBodomBullet at Nov 11, 2008,
No more thoughts?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
The JB is pretty good for hi gain, although if you have an extra $75 lying around you can buy a duncan distortion for it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Is there no way of you trying out the MH-1000? That would be the best way to test them and reading other people's opinions won't help too much.

Both guitars are good though.
Quote by Mwoit
Is there no way of you trying out the MH-1000? That would be the best way to test them and reading other people's opinions won't help too much.

Both guitars are good though.

I'll probably go to a Sam Ash's this weekend and see what I can do.

I'm still unsure of both though. Just because, as others have put it, i

it's too close of a cut.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
I like the MH-100 more, not a big fan of m-s-s, I really dont like singles at all.
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Evo bridge and PAF Joe neck. Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb.
Quote by rokknrollldude
wrathlegion, i would like to shake hands

Quote by AllUrBase
I assume you're playing just open strings, so not to scratch your frets.
I'm assuming by m/s/s/

you mean

?/single coil/single coil?

I didn't know hot rails were single coils. Strange...
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I'm assuming by m/s/s/

you mean

They are, but they are made to do HB tones.
But they don't sound like HBs or SCs imo, sort of in between...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The Soloist, its probably pure orgasm.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
This went really bad for another vs. thread lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
I'm assuming by m/s/s/

you mean

I meant h/s/s/
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Evo bridge and PAF Joe neck. Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb.
Quote by rokknrollldude

Quote by AllUrBase
Definitely the Soloist. It's an incredible guitar. Plays nice, sounds great, looks cool...what more can you ask for?
Member of the Laney Cult
IMO, the mh-1000 beats it in every way. better looks/sound/company
Quote by rokknrollldude

Quote by AllUrBase
man i feel your dilemma. like most people are saying go try each one out side by side, theyre both amazing
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
i tested both of them out. the bridge pick up on both is really high output, i think the JACKSONs passive duncans screech a little more. the active emgs on the ESP are a little more bassy sounding, but really punchy. they both sound good though. they both have neck thru bodies, which is not only dead sexy, but good for sustain. they both have good action, but that could always be set to you liking. the jackson seems like the frets are a little larger, and easier to access the high notes on the neck if you have large fingers. If you have more slender fingers you'll find the ESP completely comfortable. They both play fast and have flat fretboards. as far as cosmetics. the ESP IMO is a little more fancy. you can have the nickel plated hardware and the pearl trim and inlays if you choose to. all the JACKSONs of the soloist model i had seen had black hardware, also you didn't have the option to get a reverse headstock which is pretty cool on a JACKSON. I chose the ESP because i was able to get it a little cheaper than the JACKSON. both are great guitars though, the only real way to find out which one you like is to go down and play both of them. good luck.
Quote by PhantomMilitia
Both of those are awesome, but you gotta think.. do you want a h/h pickup set or h/s/s because that's a big part of a choice like this.. If you've tried both of those out you should choose the one you think is sexier. I would personally go for the Ltd just because of that reason, but then again it's a ltd so it wont retain value as well as the Jackson. This probably didn't help... well anyways

Actually, the Middle and neck pickups are stacked humbuckers. Techincally, the SL3 is an HHH config, but it can go anyway you want. h/h/h h/s/s, h/s/h, h/h/s etc. etc.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
I've got my own thread about this, except my other choice is an Ibanez 1570 :p

Not trying to steal your thread or anything,

But does anyone know if the Soloist neck is finished? If it is, is there any way to remove the finish in order to make playability better? (Think Dinky neck. Nothing on it, just pure, sanded maple, or whathaveyou.)
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by Wrathlegion
IMO, the mh-1000 beats it in every way. better looks/sound/company

LOL better company. I think you meant to say "company who bases nearly everything they make on Jackson"

I have an older sl3 and I love it. Plays great and it is an hhh setup because they are just mini humbuckers (2 coils for each) they are extremely versatile though. I don't really like the floyd rose on the new sl3's though. It's not as smooth as the Jackson floyd rose which is pure sex (the one's on the new sl3's are made by a company called Ping)