Page 1 of 2
Oh no, a GUITAR based game on a GUITAR website. The world is now going to end.

Grow up. It's a game, nothing more.
What's your problem with Guitar Hero? It gets kids turned on to real guitar, encourages lots to try and learn to play, and introduces a lot of kids to older music that they wouldn't have heard anywhere else. Why do you have such a problem that kids try to get good at it? Maybe they just don't want to learn real guitar. I've never heard a kid bragging that he's better than a real guitarist because he can play on expert. Seriously, shut the **** up about kids playing guitar hero. Enough already.
Last edited by irishstang_87 at Nov 11, 2008,
Quote by JackalUK

It's not really the fact that it's on a guitar website, it's the fact that it's on a guitar website for REAL guitars.
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
So that should help them along correct, they see guitar hero and go "OOOHH, perhaps I'll buy this starter kit as well and play for real!"
Quote by archerygenious
It's not really the fact that it's on a guitar website, it's the fact that it's on a guitar website for REAL guitars.

Businesses want to sell ----> Guitar hero sells, therefore businesses sell guitar hero.

End of story.
Quote by irishstang_87
What's your problem with Guitar Hero? It gets kids turned on to real guitar, encourages lots to try and learn to play, and introduces a lot of kids to older music that they wouldn't have heard anywhere else. Why do you have such a problem that kids try to get good at it? Maybe they just don't want to learn real guitar. I've never heard a kid bragging that he's better than a real guitarist because he can play on expert. Seriously, shut the **** up about kids playing guitar hero. Enough already.

I don't have that much of a problem about guitar hero at all, it's just that it's a a website for real guitars as if it's a proper alternative.

Sorry if I double posted!

EDIT:
Ok, sorry I was a bit of a dick, I was just shocked about it that's all, JackalUK, you have a good point, sorry for being a dick.
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

Quote by irishstang_87

+100,000,000,000
Guitar hero was never meant as an alternative, much like I don't drive to work on sodding Gran Turismo. It's a game
...So?
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by archerygenious
I don't have that much of a problem about guitar hero at all, it's just that it's a a website for real guitars as if it's a proper alternative.

Well they sell shirts too. If guitar hero is music related, why can't they sell it just like the music related shirts?
Quote by archerygenious

Enjoyment of a real guitar and enjoyment of guitar hero are not mutually exclusive.
It's a little snobbish to think so, IMO.
Ok, sorry I was a bit of a dick, I was just shocked about it that's all, JackalUK, you have a good point, sorry for being a dick.

Sorry, just thought I'd post the edit again so people noticed

I would describe this incident...as 'BOO HOO'
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by JackalUK
Guitar hero was never meant as an alternative, much like I don't drive to work on sodding Gran Turismo. It's a game

I'm not bad on Call Of Duty, maybe I'll be good in a war.
Quote by JackalUK

You made a good point AND said 'sodding'.
Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by ctb
I'm not bad on Call Of Duty, maybe I'll be good in a war.

I'm not bad on GTA, maybe I can do well living has a gang. Wait, no... wtf
Oh no, it's not like you could just not go there! It's a website designed to make money through selling items, not to service the 'guitarist ideals' that say Guitar Hero is blasphemy and anyone who plays it is going to Guitar Hell where you have to watch bad Youtube music videos for all eternity.

It's only a game!

Edit: v Oh my... that is so awesome yet so rubbish. I'd love to play one for a laugh but I wouldn't want to own one.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Last edited by wannabe jesus at Nov 11, 2008,
I thought it was more amusing that they had an Spongebob guitar

If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by wannabe jesus
Oh no, it's not like you could just not go there! It's a website designed to make money through selling items, not to service the 'guitarist ideals' that say Guitar Hero is blasphemy and anyone who plays it is going to Guitar Hell where you have to watch bad Youtube music videos for all eternity.

It's only a game!

Thank you. Guys who talk shit on kids who play guitar hero are almost as bad as the shred guys who think the only reason you wouldn't like shred is because you're a shitty guitarist who can't play it.
Quote by Nexium
I thought it was more amusing that they had an Spongebob guitar

THAT'S awesome!

Quote by JackalUK

this

whats wrong with guitar hero?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
kids play guitar hero for ages and get so gd so they can show off to their friends by playing 'through the fire and flames' on expert 100%. When they try real guitars there like "OMFG NO POWER UPZ!!! I CANT PLAYZ THE BROOTALZ SOLOZ ON REAL GUITARZZZZ!!!!"

yh its a good game but a section on a guitar website? it aint that close to a real guitar
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
Quote by Cyanide176
Real guitars > plastic guitars

you forgot > air guitars
Quote by leony03
kids play guitar hero for ages and get so gd so they can show off to their friends by playing 'through the fire and flames' on expert 100%. When they try real guitars there like "OMFG NO POWER UPZ!!! I CANT PLAYZ THE BROOTALZ SOLOZ ON REAL GUITARZZZZ!!!!"

yh its a good game but a section on a guitar website? it aint that close to a real guitar

Finally someone who agrees with me

Quote by mfkr
you forgot > air guitars

real guitars > air guitars > plastic guitars ??
Quote by leony03

Oh, yeah, they practice guitar hero for hours to show off, and not because, maybe, idk, it's fun? Maybe for the same reason we play real guitar? Because we ENJOY IT?
Quote by leony03

I would ROFL if I see a kid saying that, lol!
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Page 1 of 2