I'm looking for some pick ups to go with my new RG7321. I play high gain stuff, like Dream Theater, Into Eternity, Sylosis, The Human Abstract. I want to keep it passive though. I really love my Evo in the neck on my 6 string, so I think I'm going to go with the Evo 7 of the neck position on the 7 string.

For the Bridge I'm debating between The D Sonic 7 or the D Activator 7, or whatever you guys could suggest me. Im kinda learning towards the D activator 7, because it seems like it'd fit the bill and it comes in the color I want.

One other thing, where can i order/find out how much the price of these pick ups in different colors?

Thanks in advance
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
^ yes they do

Dimarzio does not make a 7 string version of the evo neck, only the evo bridge unfortunatly, although you could try a bidge in the neck position and see how it sounds.

The D sonic will be good for DT/Petrucci type sounds.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Musician's friend basically dictates the going rate of anything musical, and everyone has to compete with their prices. If you can find it on there, you won't be paying much different from that anywhere else.

As for pickups, I've never been a fan of DiMarzio, so I can't help you there. I can tell you that you might want to reconsider putting such a high output pickup in the neck... if you went with something like an Duncan Alnico II you could get some really sweet clean sounds. Not trying to tell you what kind of sound you want, just my two cents.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
Double post, my bad.
Quote by Absent Mind
^ yes they do

Dimarzio does not make a 7 string version of the evo neck, only the evo bridge unfortunatly, although you could try a bidge in the neck position and see how it sounds.

The D sonic will be good for DT/Petrucci type sounds.

I really do not recommend this. Bridge pickups are always wound hotter than matching neck pickups because there's so much more string movement at the neck. You'd have one hell of a hot pickup, but you'd never get a decent clean sound.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
It all comes down to how you like is a player, many people put bridge pup in the neck and neck pups in the bridge, because they prefer it

Like I said you can try it and see how it sounds, what harm will it do? (except the price of the pup lol).

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
ludgren pick ups
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
damn i didn't notice that about the Evo 7. I dont think im going to put a bridge pick up in the neck position, i dont have much faith in that sounding good. Im not going to base my decision for the bridge pick up on what color it comes in, but how does the D activator compare to the D sonic?

Is there any other 7 string neck pick up thats comparable to the Evolution neck pick up in my 6 string?
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme