Hey all
now, i know a lot of you guys hate Nickelback, but there are some of you guys who like them and i absolutely love them, and for the week leading up to the new album release, with the sun newspaper, they are streaming the new album for a week!

Listen and enjoy
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/nickelback/darkhorse/

I can't get the chorus to Next go round out my head
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Quote by TheUnholy
So, apparently "Britain has a large Pakistani community" is now a source of humour?

I hope your Daily Mail strangles you, to be honest.
Last edited by Zebrahead_SICK at Nov 11, 2008,
you cant get the chorus out of your head because its probably the same one theyve had you listening to since you first heard them.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Quote by Nevermind1299
If you think we hate them, then why show us?

Read his post before you speak...

Anyways, this album totally kills. It doesn't sound too much like Nickelback, and has hard rock written all over it. Heavier than before, guitar solos are very present, drums sound huge (thanks mutt), chads voice is improved and sounds fantastic, album also has its nice power ballad moments as well. One of the best releases of 2008, and one of the best modern rock albums to date.

Nickelback

Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by taytay8b
drums sound huge (thanks mutt),

I think that has a little to do with Mutt, as well as Daniel is a killer drummer. I saw him when he was with 3DD and his drum solo kicked ass. He is one of the best out there right now.

Edit: I just listened to it. The songs were good, but there wasn't that one stand out song that I was expecting, like with All The Right Reasons. When I first heard ATRR, "Savin' Me" stood out to me, and I knew that "Far Away" and "Rockstar" were going to be huge hits. This album I can't pinpoint the big hit. "I'll Come For You", "Never Gonna Be Alone", "If Today Was Your Last Day" and "Just To Get High" were the best IMO. I thought "S.E.X." was probably the worst song on the CD, not very creative lyrically as one can probably assume from the name. Loved the guitar solos, certainly the best of any of their releases. All in all I think their albums should be in the following order: 1. All The Right Reasons, 2.Silver Side Up, 3. Dark Horse, 4. The Long Road, 5. The State, 6. Curb.
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Nov 13, 2008,
" nickelback kicks ass there one of the few band today that play rock and roll"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ...........
I like Nickelback, as they're a little more rocking than most bands out there today.
I listened to their new album, and I'm not impressed. Way too mainstream and digital.
I was thinking Mutt Lange would have a Def Lepard / AC/DC influence on them, so I was excited. Most of the stuff, it's something that Shania would sing.
UG's AC/DC Lover
I like Nickelback, as they're a little more rocking than most bands out there today.
I listened to their new album, and I'm not impressed. Way too mainstream and digital.
I was thinking Mutt Lange would have a Def Lepard / AC/DC influence on them, so I was excited. Most of the stuff, it's something that Shania would sing.
UG's AC/DC Lover
Awsome new album,i have all of 'em and i've gotta be their biggest fan.Ever since i started playin' guitar, i've been learnin their songs.Now that i think 'bout it,that's basicly my life story.
Question Everything
Gear
PRS SE 245
Schecter Solo Special
B-52 AT-100
Orange CR60
Fulltone GT-500
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Banshee Talkbox
Quote by WildMiles96
Awsome new album,i have all of 'em and i've gotta be their biggest fan.Ever since i started playin' guitar, i've been learnin their songs.Now that i think 'bout it,that's basicly my life story.

so, for the record, your life story fits onto 2 lines of my computer screen. you're making a real impact i'd say.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Quote by slaptasticdave

Nickelback

Aah, come on. Don't be so mean. It's N.... N....

Nickelback

If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
I liked Curb..... and some other stuff...... and hated most of it.

[sarcasm]Nickelback is ****ing metal!!!!![/sarcasm]
Quote by mercedesisbenz
you cant get the chorus out of your head because its probably the same one theyve had you listening to since you first heard them.

haha lol, dude you're totally wrong, every single chorus they did is stuck inside my mind , & all nickelback fans know that & If every korus they do as the same, they won't go to 7X Platinum haha ...STFU
Quote by Uber-rocker
I didn't realise they had a new album coming out. UG really mustn't like them if nobody's been talking about it. I dont' hate Nickelback, I'm more impartial than anything else.

No it's because the album wasn't officially released , so UG can't post sth. leaked & still the album didn't hit the stores yet, the physical date of the release is 18th of Nov.
Nickelback

I'm positive that the whole album is a "That's what she said" joke
"Something in your mouth"
"I'd come for you"
"Just to get high"
"Never gonna be alone"
"S.E.X."
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
This album is weak compared to to there last cd. What i hear here is some very mediocre, very uninspired songs with very similar melodies like someone posted earlier. Nickelback especially Chad need to go back to the drawling board and actually sit down and try to write something different something fresh not the same stale riffs over and over. They have a few decent songs but man did they blow it on this cd, Very weak and nothing special..
The most talented man on earth...
Quote by taytay8b

Anyways, this album totally kills. It doesn't sound too much like Nickelback, and has hard rock written all over it. Heavier than before, guitar solos are very present, drums sound huge (thanks mutt), chads voice is improved and sounds fantastic, album also has its nice power ballad moments as well. One of the best releases of 2008, and one of the best modern rock albums to date.

Damn ****in right! I love it! they keep getting better and better in my opinion.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
I admit I haven't heard the album, but the song I've heard is one of the most generic and uninspired I've heard so far.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?

AH HAHAAHAHAHA AHAHA A AHAHAHAHAH AAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHA!!! Are you serious?? This is easily NOT one of the best albums ever! You know who has come out with by far better cds this year? Trivium, AC/DC, Metallica, Unearth, Slipknot just to name a few. I can't believe people buy into this buttrock that Nickelback has created over the years. It's so unoriginal it makes me quiver at the mere thought of hearing it.

definition:
Buttrock: adj: genre of music, typically 90's and 2000's "modern rock" sounds worse than something I could produce with my butt
Nickelback for me is for two kinds of people.

1. All Females between 30 and 40.

2. Men who are married to or dating females between 30 and 40.

Overall sound - filtered and somewhat overproduced / most songs typical
Overall emotion - attempted stadium anthems
Where to find - early morning VH1 video reel which play between 7am and 8am
Standard Visual - Slow motion and blured with a nice car and a hot girl

Point of Interest - Burn it to the ground. This song sounds good, even though it belongs in the intro scene to Pixars Cars. Thats a good visual and sound combo.

Enjoy........Evans