Well today was officially my last exam paper ( gce o levels)

meaning that as of now, i no longer go to highschool. I have graduated.

i've been looking forward to this day for a SUPER long time,but now that its come around.. well its pretty anti-climatic.

Today means that i no longer have to wear a uniform, that i can have my hair however i want, that i dont have to wake up at 6 in the morning. It also means i no longer have to do maths or chinese. It means i dont have to go to my crappy school.

yet it doesnt feel as good as it should.

secondary school(high school s its referred to here) was not a bad time, neither was it amazing.
I made some decent friends, but none that im super close to .I dont think i'll miss it.

Yet i feel like i dont have closure. Graduating didnt give me a new perspective, neither does it really change my life.

In two months, i'll have to return to my school for one last time to pick up my results. I hope by then i get used to the fact i no longer go to secondary school.

i just thought it would feel better, like a sigh of relief .
Instead i feel a trickle of sadness as i look back at the many years i've spent in primary and secondary education, i think back at what i will miss, and what i wish i've done different. I think of all the mistake and regrets. I think of all the good times too, the friends and the craziness.

So now its time to end that chapter in my life, to move on to things i really want to do. To go overseas to study, to pursue art and design and to do some cool internships.
All i can say is .. i hope that this anti-climax will lead to an exciting beginning and better things to come..

anyway.. LOL this was my thoughts on graduating..
How did you feel when you graduated?
I had the same exact situation (uniforms, shitty school and everything) and when I graduated I didn't feel properly happy. Then a few days later I was taking a shower and it hit me all at once. I almost cried I was so happy all at once.
Quote by 3rdWardSoldier
I had the same exact situation (uniforms, shitty school and everything) and when I graduated I didn't feel properly happy. Then a few days later I was taking a shower and it hit me all at once. I almost cried I was so happy all at once.

lol maybe it takes time to sink in..
Congradulations !
Its a rather nice feeling leaving school
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by petrina_678

Am I the only one who thinks it's painful to read a long, thought-out, heartfelt post only to see it end with "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL?"

Graduation was really bittersweet for me. I felt like I really finally blossomed socially my senior year. I looked forward to getting the hell away from my hometown and not having to wake up at 7 every morning, but looking back, I miss all of my friends horribly.
Get used to that vague feeling of disappointment. Stuff is generally a bit crap.
Yeah, it was way anti-climactic for me as well. I tossed my cap, got in my car, put on Weezer (Blue) and drove away. You don't feel the real changes til you start College/Uni.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
My exact thoughts upon finishing school, "Lol wut!?"
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
HAH, OWNED...

My school sent me them.

Seriously though, I loved leaving school
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by smb
Get used to that vague feeling of disappointment. Stuff is generally a bit crap.

Not much of an optimist I take it?

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

Things like that take a while to sink in, in my experience.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
the reason graduating is so anti-climatic is because you know you dodged a bullet that is highschool, but then when you slowly turn away your head turns to then face down into the barrel of the cannon that is college.
Quote by ishalleatyou
Not much of an optimist I take it?
I can work up some enthusiasm now and again if I have a head-start.
What did you expect, You toss your hat into the air and it stays there while "Don't you Forget About Me" plays in the background while the credits roll?

time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Well... I geuss mine felt the same, just like "oh its over now".

But when you have all the free time and you actually have nothing you should be doing at all then thats when I realized how amazing it really is...

Oh why did I join sixth form instead of dossing like hell...
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
when i graduated, i went to my class's graduation party which lasted until 5 or 6 a.m. on saturday since half of it started on friday night! it was freaking awesome. some attractive girls signed my yearbook as well!
Quote by renegade2031
Oh why did I join sixth form instead of dossing like hell...

I feel your pain brother.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I did not care when I left high school. It was not a complete aste for me, but it was nothing major either. Looking back now if I could go back I would do it in a heartbeat.
GCSEs? You can't complain until you've got your A levels out the way and have actually got some half decent qualifications, which will still serve little purpose.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by Insanity^2
GCSEs? You can't complain until you've got your A levels out the way and have actually got some half decent qualifications, which will still serve little purpose.

no im not taking A Levels, Im going to the USA. A Levels not required.
I was so happy to leave high school. My first year of college was a little overwhelming, but I got it together and I love it now.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Well, when I graduated most were thinking "FINALLY!!" I kinda felt like I didn't get what was supposed to get out of it. I don't mean like going to parties or doing stupid shit, I just thought I could've socialized a lot better.
Quote by petrina_678
Well today was officially my last exam paper ( gce o levels)

meaning that as of now, i no longer go to highschool. I have graduated.

i've been looking forward to this day for a SUPER long time,but now that its come around.. well its pretty anti-climatic.

Today means that i no longer have to wear a uniform, that i can have my hair however i want, that i dont have to wake up at 6 in the morning. It also means i no longer have to do maths or chinese. It means i dont have to go to my crappy school.

yet it doesnt feel as good as it should.

secondary school(high school s its referred to here) was not a bad time, neither was it amazing.
I made some decent friends, but none that im super close to .I dont think i'll miss it.

Yet i feel like i dont have closure. Graduating didnt give me a new perspective, neither does it really change my life.

In two months, i'll have to return to my school for one last time to pick up my results. I hope by then i get used to the fact i no longer go to secondary school.

i just thought it would feel better, like a sigh of relief .
Instead i feel a trickle of sadness as i look back at the many years i've spent in primary and secondary education, i think back at what i will miss, and what i wish i've done different. I think of all the mistake and regrets. I think of all the good times too, the friends and the craziness.

So now its time to end that chapter in my life, to move on to things i really want to do. To go overseas to study, to pursue art and design and to do some cool internships.
All i can say is .. i hope that this anti-climax will lead to an exciting beginning and better things to come..

How did you feel when you graduated?

college was just more school coming my way. just more fun too.

i guess i felt like a god
My advice to any new graduates or future graduates of high school which was learned the hard way. Go to college or at least a trade school!!! I was so happy to graduate high school I just figured I'd go out and get a job and things would be A ok. Man was I wrong!! I've worked some hell-ish jobs anything from a 3rd shift job fixing semi-trucks and trailors which was absolute hell in the dead of winter to a plant job where you had to be seated the whole time (10 hour days!!!) to construction which again sucks in the winter. I work long hours plus it's very hard work. I've actually had to carry a five gallon bucket of concrete in each hand to places we couldn't get a concrete truck into, which took like 20 trips back and forth...that SUCKS!!! Now i'm basically working two full time jobs. I work construction as my day job and I'm trying to make a go of my own business which is in my sig. Definately go to college guys so when you do get out you can go out and get a decent well paying job. It doesn't pay anymore to just have a high school diploma believe me.
Last edited by linksys24 at Nov 11, 2008,
I was the same. Leaving was so easy, and it carried no emotional baggage with it. Then when I went off to college I was truly alone. All my good friends went to different places in the country, and I was left without any. I think everyone misses it because now we see that whatever held us back wasn't such a bfd.

EDIT: and the girls were hotter in H.S.
After I graduated, I was pissed off right and proper that in two months I had to be start all over again. It should be noted though that I never really went to school in my last year.

EDIT: The girls were WAY hotter indeed.
Military use of children?

Infantry.