I've been playing for about a year and i'm ready to buy my 2nd guitar and i fancy a semi-acoustic but have absolutely no idea about the electronics - pickups, preamps etc.

Basically i just want to be able to plug it in and hear the sound through the speaker but i really don't know what i'm looking for and i'm lost in the jargon of it all!

Can anyone shed any light?

Ta
Take a look at Blue Ridge guitars or Revival Guitars or Stanford Guitars. Find what you want and put in an LR Baggs I-Beam Active pick up. Better pick up than you will find on most guitars. Most of these guitars are solid wood and won't break the bank and are decent guitars. If you buy it on line let me suggest that you take it to a tech or luthier and have it set up with low action and have them put on a bone saddle. Buy some bone pins on e-bay for cheap and put them on. If you feel really extravagant have the tech put on a bone nut. This will give you a great sounding guitar for not a lot of money.
Quote by Guitar Hack
Take a look at Blue Ridge guitars or Revival Guitars or Stanford Guitars. Find what you want and put in an LR Baggs I-Beam Active pick up. Better pick up than you will find on most guitars. Most of these guitars are solid wood and won't break the bank and are decent guitars. If you buy it on line let me suggest that you take it to a tech or luthier and have it set up with low action and have them put on a bone saddle. Buy some bone pins on e-bay for cheap and put them on. If you feel really extravagant have the tech put on a bone nut. This will give you a great sounding guitar for not a lot of money.

I have absolutely no idea what any of that means! The problem i have is i don't even know what a pickup is and don't know what 'setting up' means and i'm just completely lost on bone saddles and nuts