Long story short, my guitar fell. It is largely okay, but the nut broke off from the rest of the neck. The string tension is enough to keep it in place, but do you think I should get it fixed ASAP or will I be able to wait to go home over Thanksgiving Break to use proper wood glue? Or do you think the string tension is enough without applying any glue at all?

Thanks.
Well, there's no point using woodglue; superglue works just fine.

When you glue it back in place, make sure it's even with the sides, to make intonation and all that less of a hassle.

So use just superglue, it's the best thing since sliced bread!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Well, there's no point using woodglue; superglue works just fine.

When you glue it back in place, make sure it's even with the sides, to make intonation and all that less of a hassle.

So use just superglue, it's the best thing since sliced bread!

you mean elmers glue? yeah, just don't use a ton.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
you mean elmers glue? yeah, just don't use a ton.

Well, from what I've heard, then yeah, it probably is.

And I forgot the 'don't use a ton' bit; you want a nice tight fit so that the nut won't break/slip off again.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
you want a nice tight fit so that the nut won't break/slip off again.
It didn't just come off. I spun around fast in my desk chair, forgetting it was behind me on its stand, and my hand whacked it and sent it to the ground; as many of you know, the floor of a college dorm is seldom soft and forgiving.

You guys think the string tension is good for the next three weeks, though, right?

Thanks.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
It didn't just come off. I spun around fast in my desk chair, forgetting it was behind me on its stand, and my hand whacked it and sent it to the ground; as many of you know, the floor of a college dorm is seldom soft and forgiving.

You guys think the string tension is good for the next three weeks, though, right?

Thanks.

Well, maybe, but I'd be very carefull, just incase it break, and then you'd have to get a new one. Which would be a giant pain. Especially if you have to cut it yourself.

So it probably will be alright, just be carefull with it. Maybe play another guitar if you can, which is a better idea. No one wants a nut that'll slip!
Cam Sampbell's my hero