I've got a physics assignment at college. I've done all the questions except this one which is winding me up, I was wondering if you lovely geniuses (or genii) could help me.

I've been given diagram, with a magent on a pivot swinging over a coil, with 1000 turns. Its attached to a counter that counts each time the induced voltage exceeds 2.0mV. I have to calculate the rate of change of flux needed to induce this voltage (2mV) in the coil.

I realise the equation is Eind=change of flux/change in time
Or... Eind=BA/change in time. But I'm given no value for time, or Telsa, or area.

How can this be done?

Cheers in advance.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

lots of people asking for homework help in the pit today. . .

Quote by juancsego
i have a right to do anything with the least amount of activity possible and if u cant respect that u can go to japan and buy panties out of vending machines...communists

If you live in Australia, save your internet:

Click.
Quote by ross1234
Errrmmmm ask me one about guitars.

've got a physics assignment at college. I've done all the questions except this one which is winding me up, I was wondering if you lovely geniuses (or genii) could help me.

I've been given diagram, with a magent on a pivot swinging over a PICKUP, with 1000 turns. Its attached to a counter that counts each time the induced voltage exceeds 2.0mV. I have to calculate the rate of change of flux needed to induce this voltage (2mV) in the coil.

Or... Eind=BA/change in time. But I'm given no value for time, or Telsa, or area.

How can this be done?

Cheers in advance.
Quote by irishstang_87
've got a physics assignment at college. I've done all the questions except this one which is winding me up, I was wondering if you lovely geniuses (or genii) could help me.

I've been given diagram, with a magent on a pivot swinging over a PICKUP, with 1000 turns. Its attached to a counter that counts each time the induced voltage exceeds 2.0mV. I have to calculate the rate of change of flux needed to induce this voltage (2mV) in the coil.

How can this be done?

Cheers in advance.

Very nearly funny...
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

The answer is 42. You need a Death Magnetic to get it to work though. To set it up, you must divide by zero while playing Master of Puppets on the single coil.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by Equivalence
Erm if they don't give any of those values....mission impossible really

Thats what I thought, but i doubt its a typo, our teacher would have pointed it out before giving us the assignment, he always does. Perhaps it cannot be done...

Frustrating.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

Diagram:
Attachments:
Diagram.jpg
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.