iv been playing guitar for about a year now and i only about 3 scales and A minor pentatonic,a G pentatonic,and i don't know what the other one is,i just know how to play it and i was looking to learn some new scales can you guys recommend me some good easy ones and a few harder ones?
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
I'd say learn the major scale - from there you can derive all the other scales. By steps, it's W,W,H,W,W,W,H- so for example A major would be: A,B,C#,D,E,F#,G#,A.
If you mean that you know how to play only a minor pentatonic and g minor pentatonic, then you are out of your mind because they're the same thing but just shifted on the fret board.

However, what I think you mean is the forms of the pentatonic scale. To learn these, simple draw a fretboard, and use e minor pentatonic, then map out every single note in the e minor pentatonic scale, then you should see block formations. Use those.
Quote by saitenslayer
iv been playing guitar for about a year now and i only about 3 scales and A minor pentatonic,a G pentatonic,and i don't know what the other one is,i just know how to play it and i was looking to learn some new scales can you guys recommend me some good easy ones and a few harder ones?

All scales take exactly the same amount of time and effort to learn - there's no such thing as a "beginner" scale in that respect, they're all the same in terms of how easy/difficult they're going to be.

However, to properly learn scales you need an understanding of basic music theory and with that in mind you need to start with the major scale as everything else refers back to it - have a read of Josh Urban's Crusade articles in the columns section to get you started. Scales are not patterns on the fretboard, neither are they tabs - a scale is a series of notes that follows a set pattern of intervals over a single octave. They're universal too...A major is A major whether it's a guitar, piano, oboe or penny whistle. The patterns you learn are simply places where the notes of any given scale happen to occur, but the pattern is not the scale itself, just one minor aspect of it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I know I'm a noob at guitar but having played other instruments for years...I'd start with C Maj (as its got no sharps or flats) and work them out from there - Major scales intervals are WWHWWWH (as brasuca6 said), so C Maj is just CDEFGABC - work it out starting from a couple of different positions on your neck, then try flattening the 3rd and 6th notes to turn it into a minor scale. Once you know the patterns its easy to move it up and down the neck for different keys.