Page 1 of 2
Am i pretty much ****ed if i fail high school? Im a junior now and up until now i've done ok but this semester i just ****ed myself and i have a 1.24 GPA (i need a 2.00 to pass). So if i screw up high school am i screwed?
Yeah. Get your grades up, dude, it may not seem important, but it is. Trust me, you'll regret it if you don't.

EDIT: Let me put it to you this way. Want that new guitar? GRADUATE.
G.E.D. + Community college can be your saving grace. That is as long as you change the habits that got you into this situation in the first place.
Well the equivelant of high school in england was only useful for GCSE's which are only useful to get into college, which is only useful to get into uni.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by ross1234
Well the equivelant of high school in england was only useful for GCSE's which are only useful to get into college, which is only useful to get into uni.

How old are you exactly? You'll struggle to get any job without a decent set of GCSES if you haven't been to college.

If you went to college and sucked you're in just as piss poor a position.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
yea man get your shit together. in 10th grade i pretty much did no work and did horribly and now i'm suffering for it. finding colleges that will accept me is a bitch =(
Quote by Rankles
How old are you exactly? You'll struggle to get any job without a decent set of GCSES if you haven't been to college.

I'm 18 and i'm in college

I've tried but haven't got a job, i have good GCSE's, nothing less than a C and i have a pass in GNVQ IT, They've been useless for me.
Quote by ross1234
I'm 18 and i'm in college

I've tried but haven't got a job, i have good GCSE's, nothing less than a C and i have a pass in GNVQ IT, They've been useless for me.

So you defeat your own point. The GCSES alone aren't meant to make you an investment banker. They get you a shit job. College is important for any normal job to start at the bottom. Uni is important to start higher up.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by Rankles
So you defeat your own point. The GCSES alone aren't meant to make you an investment banker. They get you a shit job. College is important for any normal job to start at the bottom. Uni is important to start higher up.

That's what i'm saying, i haven't even been able to get part time work in local shops, which is what i'm after.
Er, no, if you're going to fail then fail, you'll just have to do it again, it's not so bad
Quote by ross1234

Yeah, but he's wondering if he messes up in High School is he screwed? (short answer, yes)

You said the equivalent of high school were pretty much just for the GCSE'S. Well if you mess up in the GCSE's you'd be screwed, right? That's what he wants to know.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Eh, high school was easy for me. And university is actually a lot easier than high school, its just that there is shit tons of unnecessary work. So at least pass high school, then see if you want 4 more years of bullshit.
Well im actually trying to pass now im just afraid i've screwed up to bad that i wont be able to pass even if i try. dam i hate school
You're not totally f-ed.
it just limits your career choices in the long run.
My first music teacher is doing pretty well for himself having dropped out of school in grade 11.
hue
have fun working at burger king or mcds or does hobo have a good ring 2 u??
wait u can be a garbage truck driver
wait no u have 2 pass highskl to be one of those
yeah ur screwed
u need 2 at least pass to have an ok job

when i left college i struggled to get a job until i lied to employers and told them i DIDN'T mention i had A levels and only mentioned my top 5 GCSE's, even though i have 3 A levels and god knows how many GCSE's, 11 or 12 i think.... i'm now 22, have a mortgage and have had several jobs..

having said that... while you're getting it for free you might as well get the best grades you can as it will give you more options in the future.. its better to have qualifications and not have to mention them than have no qualifications and need them.. there are certain jobs where they would be beneficial... as for uni.. its absolutely pointless except for certain jobs such as in the medical proffession where you need a degree before you can start practicing...

the current economic position means companies are less inclined to take on graduates as they are an expense... uni fees are through the roof and banks don't want to lend money.. and a lot of people i know who have finished uni are struggling to find jobs because they are overqualified for a training position or have not enough work experience.. most employers would rather see you having worked in the industry for 3 - 4 years than f**king about at uni..

so what can i say.. uni is pointless for getting a job unless its absolutely necessary for the job.. secondary education (gcse in the uk) is worth it and if you can, you might as well get as good grades as you can... but don't be brainwashed into thinking its the be all and end all of everything because it really isn't... but you never know when they might come in handy...
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

Quote by conrad523
yeah ur screwed

Obviously you didn't learn much in high school either.
I dropped out in my senior year. I figure you're gonna lose no matter what, so do what you want.

Don't get hung up on it, it's but a footnote in your life.
Honestly, and don't take this the wrong way, but how do you fail high school here in America (assuming this is a public high school we are talking about)? It is damn near impossible to provide for a family as a high school drop out, tough to provide w/ a high school degree, and even undergrad degrees from universities are becoming less and less important as more people seek grad school degrees. I'd say talk with someone about ways to get your shit in order, cause at the very least you should pass high school and go to comm. college.
Last edited by in2thesun88 at Nov 11, 2008,
Quote by conrad523
yeah ur screwed

you also need to pass to learn to spell.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Well, I've got an A level in Music, and am currently doing a national diploma in Music Performance. So unless I gig atleast 4 times a week at local places. I'm ****ed.

But I plan on going to Cardiff Atrium (music university) to study classical composition/theory.
Well, where I'm from its not hard to at least become a Guitar/Piano teacher, I dunno if its the same around you, but that is a decent backup.
I can't wait until I can get back to school, I've been having to do online school busllhit after I failed 8th grade twice because I was a whiney little bitch. Now I'm a damn shut-in who never really gets out, I had practically dropped out. The thought of going back to public school sounds actually amazing

Basically stop bitching and do it, it's not hard
Quote by Zombee
Well, where I'm from its not hard to at least become a Guitar/Piano teacher, I dunno if its the same around you, but that is a decent backup.

Tisn't a backup. It's my primary career choice. Though, I plan on still making websites to fund most of my gear.

But yeah, I feel unless I've pretty much invented a completely new, unique style of my own, know a vast amount of theory and am in the right place at the right time, I won't get far with my career as a musician.

But that's what this course, and uni's for, eh.
Quote by ross1234

By the tone of that i'm guessing that you believe that A-Levels etc are only good for getting into uni, correct?

I'm going to second that. You're absoloutely right. Beyond getting into uni, they're not worth anything really. I think that more work experience should be brought in to the system (more than the mandatory week most schools do after the GCSEs). At that stage, only apprentiships are really worth anything. GCSEs, A-Levels etc are just filters really - but the government have gone and added more filters with all this national diploma crap (which, btw, are not worth 7 GCSEs etc and are not worth more than A-Levels, despite what's being said). Even then though, the likes of Cambridge and Imperial College etc are putting in their own admissions test. The system should be more uniform.

However, i digress...
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Quote by in2thesun88
Honestly, and don't take this the wrong way, but how do you fail high school here in America (assuming this is a public high school we are talking about)? It is damn near impossible to provide for a family as a high school drop out, tough to provide w/ a high school degree, and even undergrad degrees from universities are becoming less and less important as more people seek grad school degrees. I'd say talk with someone about ways to get your shit in order, cause at the very least you should pass high school and go to comm. college.

not studying over the course of 2 years kinda gets me in a hole
Quote by Deadmen
Obviously you didn't learn much in high school either.

only a freshman
so long time to learn
oh and how does 4.75 sound??ok??
Last edited by conrad523 at Nov 14, 2008,
Quote by dubstar92
you also need to pass to learn to spell.

no you need to learn how to spell to pass
but nice try
and look at the above comment by me if your worried
If you fuck up in school, you fuck up in life, and that's fucked!

Any Australians get the reference?
Quote by conrad523
onlya freshman
so log time to learn
oh and how does 4.75 sond??ok??

I swear, it reads like you're talking in another language.
You have to be a real dumbass to fail in a United States public high school.

If not for any other reasons, at least pass it and retain one strand of dignity.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by conrad523
onlya freshman
so log time to learn

Quote by conrad523
no you need to learn how to spell to pass
but nice try
and look at the above comment by me if your worried

Do you have retardnitis or are you just born stupid?

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Quote by conrad523
onlya freshman
so log time to learn

Let me attempt to translate

I am only a freshman.
So I still have time to learn.
How does a 4.75 grade point average sound? Is it sufficient?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
I'm on a scholarship at a private international school and now on academic probation.

**** !

if I don't get my grades up for the second quarter I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do.

I have backups but they aren't really options at all.. ( digital art )
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Last edited by illuminatiano at Nov 14, 2008,
Well if you want to go to college after high school then pretty much yeah. They look at all your high school grades and I think here they might even look back to 7th and 8th grade as well.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Well if you want to go to college after high school then pretty much yeah. They look at all your high school grades and I think here they might even look back to 7th and 8th grade as well.

they don't.

at least not in the IB program ( which is a pain in the ass, who the hell grades out of 7 ? ).
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Yeah, you're now cursed to a life of working on a factory line/food service. Its funny how people just screw off in high school, fail everything, and then realize that they're screwed for life because they couldn't get into college. Your only hope now is trade school. Learn to be a welder.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Page 1 of 2