Couldn't resist saying something. In the last two months I tried seven Gibson Custom Shop models before this (one '58, one Axcess, one Custom, one 60's, three '59s) plus a couple of standard Gibsons (a 60's old-style Standard, a new 2008 Standard), and they were all pretty... well, average. They didn't feel, sound or look any better than the Epiphone and Rally asian-made Les Pauls I have already. I was just about to give up for good.

Then I thought nah. Let's have one last look through the shelf, just in case there was some hidden gem stored away at the back.
Well, it's a good thing I took that last look, because exactly that happened - this 'little' Custom Shop VOS 1959 in Ice Tea burst was hiding behind several others. Jesus H Christ, this guitar is incredible. It's quite strange - the other '59s I tried were nowhere near this good.

And the all-important headstock of course

Poor shots, but I'm too excited to get my proper camera equipment out.

The moral of this story and my advice to anyone looking to buy a good Gibson: as this guitar proves, really search and try out every single one you can get your hands on. Even the Custom Shop models vary a lot in quality. But if you do find a good one... man is it worth it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Nice find - but aren't the '59 CS reissues terribly overpriced? Around here, you have to pay about 5500€ to 6000€ for one.

Whatever, gorgeous guitar man. Iced Tea is the best looking finish Gibson offers imo.
Congrats! No chance I'd pay that much though.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by TheQuailman
Nice find - but aren't the '59 CS reissues terribly overpriced? Around here, you have to pay about 5500€ to 6000€ for one.

Whatever, gorgeous guitar man. Iced Tea is the best looking finish Gibson offers imo.
I'm not entirely clued up on the £/€ conversion rate, but this was £3200 - so yeah, these are very expensive as far as guitars go. A regular Gibson Les Paul Standard is about £2000 cheaper than this. And when I tried the first load of these guitars and they were all crap, I was really thinking what the hell was the point in spending all this money on something that was worse than some Korean and Chinese copies. Then I found this particular one and it all became worth it.

Quote by Lil Macker
Awesome! I love the feel of the chunky '50s neck!

Congrats!
Same here. I can't stand thin necks, I've got an Ibanez super-Strat of some kind sitting around here somewhere and the neck is so thin it physically hurts my hand and wrist to use. but I've been playing this thick '59 neck basically all day, my hand's still not tired and if anything I'm finding it faster and easier to play on this than anything else I've touched before.
Though I will say this: I always knew Gibson's nitro finishes were sticky, but all the Custom Shops I tried, this one included, are beyond a joke. It feels like the back of the neck has been dipped in jam. Wiping it with a dry microfibre cloth every ten minutes or so solves this, but it is a little bit of a pain to keep doing it. To be fair though, this is a brand new guitar, so over time the finish on the back shoudl lose it's stickiness, plus I have been playing it all day and it's quite hot here so my hands are sweating more too.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
You are a lucky man, sir
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Where do you live, and when are you out?
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
now that top looks beautiful to put it simply. more pics with 'proper camera equipment' would be hugely appreciated lol
I'll probably take a proper picture of the flame top tomorrow when I can be bothered to get it set up in my studio properly This is easily one of the best flames I've ever come across. It's a little bit patchy and un-defined under the volume and tone controls, but other than that it's amazing to see in person, must be a AAA top easily, certainly better than the single A or AA tops you usually get on Gibson Standards and Epis.

Yeah so... I still can't get over how nice this guitar is.
I keep stroking this sticky wood and it feels great. Yeah, you heard me!