I now know that i only need 2-3 types of distortion little clean tone and some reverb and delay only. So i want to sell my gt8 and buy a proper thing that i can play in flames, children of bodom and other melodic stuff and some neoclassical progressive kinda thing for future. I cant spend a lot money on a tube amp and i cant get a big amp cos i live in a small apartment and sound goes directly to the neighbours. So what can i get for the stuff i need? Should i get another processor like pod xt live or should i go for a serious amp. I dont want to spend much money so please be cheap as possible.
get a small tube amp, they cost less, and aren't as loud as big amps lol.
Quote by Nakon14

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Crate GTD65
Vox DA5
Get one of those Crate V series things. You can do lots of shit with em.
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Vox AD30VT. It has a knob on the back so you can turn down the wattage to make it very quiet but still sound good, if you want.

It is a modeling amp, and mine pulls off In Flames stuff really well. Tons of different things to choose from, go try one out, It's only like $300-$400.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Wo wo wait a min. you can play in flames with a vox ad30vt? heard they were not that metal stuff. And i also cant get good hammer on pull offs when doing simple sweeps. is it because of the gt8 or technique or not good setup?
Can i play in flames and children of bodom with a roland cube 30x? damn they are expensive for their new price i can get a pod xt live. which way to go? cube 30x or pod? i dont know if its a clever idea selling a gt8 and getting an amp with same models. what should i do?
Keep your GT8, work on your technique.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
But i cant play anything i want. Plus its too much for me. I just want a equipment that i can play some melodic death and in flames stuff and some decent cleans. Just need a ss amp i guess and a cheap processor for effects.
Quote by FischmungaXTR

that and/or get a better amp and a Boss ME-50 or whatever model number it is.

Those are powerful processors.
Quote by FischmungaXTR

Plus 1.

If you do have to sell the damn thing, look into randall valve amps, and B-52's.

used look at 5150 combos.

But your ganna have to save up quite a bit for either of those amps.

I wouldnt recomend the crate V's they got plenty of gain but there not for metal, its more of a modern hard rock amp.
I cant buy a tube amp its too loud for my house and i cant find any here. even i find it will be super expensive. I also would like to keep the gt8 but i cant get good gain tones out of it. The hammer ons dont give a sound at higher frets and cant play much in flames, at the gates kinda stuff . I run it through a creative speaker which is not good so im looking for something proper. If there is a way to get the tones i want from gt8 like changing the speaker etc its okay too but still gt8 is too much for me. isnt there a cheaper processor that has good gain models and not too many unnecessary things for me?
Guitar rig 3 maybe? I think you need a decent sound card for your pc though. But it's easy to record.
And the reason you cant get good hammer-ons is either your technique or your guitar needs setting up properly.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

I dont know how does that work. I thought it was mainly for recording. and i also dont want to work with a sound card just want a proper setup that i can play these stuff. A line 6 pod will be good but its still too complex but i think ill have to go with that. does any other line 6 processor has the gain of a pod xt live? and if i play it through a speaker will it still sound bad?
A line 6 pod is basically the same as your GT8. When I played a Floor pod, the distortion sounded horrible, but I expect it could be tweaked to sound good. You should try spending a lot more time trying to get a good sound out of your GT8, start by trying less gain.

The best thing you could do is probably buy some decent monitor speakers to run the GT8 through.
A metal band?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

Quote by blind.quardian
I cant buy a tube amp its too loud for my house and i cant find any here. even i find it will be super expensive. I also would like to keep the gt8 but i cant get good gain tones out of it. The hammer ons dont give a sound at higher frets and cant play much in flames, at the gates kinda stuff . I run it through a creative speaker which is not good so im looking for something proper. If there is a way to get the tones i want from gt8 like changing the speaker etc its okay too but still gt8 is too much for me. isnt there a cheaper processor that has good gain models and not too many unnecessary things for me?

Can I ask how long you've been playing for, because as a former GT-8 owner I can tell you that it's capable of getting close to any sound you want, and it can definitely do In Flames. So it sounds like more a matter of technique to me.

Try running headphones into it and seeing how that helps you out any.
It just makes a buzzing sound at high gain and it makes me crazy. I watched youtube videos of pod and it was just fine. you cant even find good metal videos for gt8...
Yah i definately have to say its your technique or a crap guitar, what sort of guitar are you using? and what are the pups on that thing also?
Roland Cube 30X.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by THEKID546
Yah i definately have to say its your technique or a crap guitar, what sort of guitar are you using? and what are the pups on that thing also?

Lol the distortion is not heavy enough because of technique im not a noob man pickups are ibanez rgr321ex desinged by emg pickups not very good. but its about the tone of the amp model it just isnt right...

also FischmungaXTR i watched that video before i got a gt8. its nothing like in flames....
Last edited by blind.quardian at Nov 12, 2008,
Keep adjusting your gt8. It took me almost 3 weeks before i started to find good tones with my POD. This stuff isn't really plug and play, you have to learn how to use them. A Modeling amp is the last thing you need.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Yea scott you helped well also on my previous topics about this what to get questions. but ive really spent time with the gt8. i dont think its possible to play in flames with it because when its a high gain amp model it starts to make a fizzy sound. I play a power chord and a sound comes like this bzzzzz. i dont think its about eq or anything. maybe its because of the speakers but i never heard anything like that on youtube with pod xt live.
The GT-8 has problems with fizziness. I hear you can dial it out with EQ, but I just sold mine. I think you would be better off with the Pod X3 Live.
No no i dont want to spend that much after selling gt8 since im just going to use few distortion models and some cleans reverbs and delays thats it.I will also buy a new guitar. I want to keep it as simple as posibble. Which line 6 product will be best for me? the cheap line 6 stuff cant do metal well? should it be something like pod xt live? cant i use pod 2.0 or floor pod kinda thing to get the sound i want?
Last edited by blind.quardian at Nov 12, 2008,
Hey now i think it will be better to buy that pod xt live but is it really better than gt8 when playing metal?? im sure it is but just asking to comfort myself:P
Personally i can get any sound i want from the gt8, and i've never encountered that Fizz. < This may be because i've never really got into the metal territory however the EQ and Sub-EQ features are super powerfull and i'd spend more time.

Either that or your technique needs revising, or your guitar might need some attention.

X
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
no its not technique im sure of it=) just playing a simple power chord and i can hear the tone. and now the most important thing is i made a record plugging gt8 to the line in of my sound card and the sound was much much much better than the sound i get from the speaker. maybe i need something bigger that can handle the gain bass and treble is this the solution??