Post pictures, stories, activities, or anything pertaining to America's Veterans' Day.

keep it positive, though. I don't care if you don't like America. I do.

I'll start!

Today me and a friend played the song "my hero" by the foo fighters at our school's veteran's day assembly. IT WAS GREAT!

So post anything you did or are going to do today, stories of veterans in you family or whatever!
We had a 2 minutes silence for the armistace(?)...
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
We didn't have school, but yesterday, we watched a video on veterans during the morning announcements. I thought it was going to show interviews with actual veterans, but suddenly, Jennifer Love Hewitt appears on the screen. She starts talking about soldiers and how brave they are, included with the 90's pop-rock background music. Her little speech seemed as if it was written by a fourth grader. It was like:

"American veterans are brave. One reason they are brave is because they go to war. Another reason they are brave is because they love their country."

I thought it was quite offense to be honest with you, like we could only appreciate veterans with the actress from Ghost Whisperer.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Quote by Mockstairwell
We didn't have school, but yesterday, we watched a video on veterans during the morning announcements. I thought it was going to show interviews with actual veterans, but suddenly, Jennifer Love Hewitt appears on the screen. She starts talking about soldiers and how brave they are, included with the 90's pop-rock background music. Her little speech seemed as if it was written by a fourth grader. It was like:

"American veterans are brave. One reason they are brave is because they go to war. Another reason they are brave is because they love their country."

I thought it was quite offense to be honest with you, like we could only appreciate veterans with the actress from Ghost Whisperer.

I saw that same exact ****ing ad lol
Nobody seemed to notice at uni. I kept quiet for 2 mins tho and wore my poppy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
My great uncle tom (recently passed away) served in world war 2 in the air force. He and his squad (or whatever, i don't know military terms) were all shot down over enemy territory in japan. Everyone died except for him. He made a crash landing but was taken prisoner by the japanese. In the prison were 4 other american POW's. 2 nights later they worked together and somehow got the guards drunk, then beat the shit out of them and escaped to an american military base. That guy was such a badass. And i swear to God that story is 100% true. (Although i can't remember if it was japan or germany, come to think of it...)
Quote by Greenie_777
Is veterans day the same thing as rememberance day?

I assume so.

Quote by cam_sampbell
We had a 2 minutes silence for the armistace(?)...

Armistice, and we had the same.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I think remembrance day services are ridiculous.

Why cant we remember people who've died to give others freedom without invoking a God?

Whether you are religious or not, religion has no part to play in this. These brave men didn't die to save us from eternal damnation from god, they did it to save us a life of suffering in tyranny.
Quote by BassFishin
My great uncle tom (recently passed away) served in world war 2 in the air force. He and his squad (or whatever, i don't know military terms) were all shot down over enemy territory in japan. Everyone died except for him. He made a crash landing but was taken prisoner by the japanese. In the prison were 4 other american POW's. 2 nights later they worked together and somehow got the guards drunk, then beat the shit out of them and escaped to an american military base. That guy was such a badass. And i swear to God that story is 100% true. (Although i can't remember if it was japan or germany, come to think of it...)

Thats a really cool story and sorry for your loss.
Gear:
Electric
Yamaha RGX520
Fender Strat HSS

Acoustic
1952 Martin and Co 00-18.
Yamaha FGX730SCA

Amp
Fender Twin Reverb
Fender Amp FM25 DSP

Pedals
Boss DS-1
They were brave men and women who died because of stupid human greed and arrogance. RIP.
Quote by lozlovesstrats
Whether you are religious or not, religion has no part to play in this. These brave men didn't die to save us from eternal damnation from god, they did it to save us a life of suffering in tyranny.

That's why we remember them.

Nothing suggests they died for God, all the hymns, the prayers, the poems, all say that they gave their lives for the freedom of the people, not for any god.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
I'm going to smoke a bunch of pot and play guitar hero and gears of war with some good friends!
Quote by Putrefaction
I'm going to smoke a bunch of pot and play guitar hero and gears of war with some good friends!

True American right here.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
6. Listen.
Quote by Mockstairwell
True American right here.

I would assume you're being sarcastic. What makes you think we wouldn't have a bowl for those who deserve it?

Honestly I'm conservative as shit, I just never really do anything for Veteran's day, as I'm a shut-in mostly, I was being a smartass if anything
I was gonna make a snide remark about Americans only being there for one year, but they were there for most of the actual fighting so...

at least they didn't get trench foot?
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
poems i can accept but there is no need to invoke a god in the remembrance of soldiers by praying or singing hymns
Quote by Insanity^2
I was gonna make a snide remark about Americans only being there for one year, but they were there for most of the actual fighting so...

They weren't there for most of the actual fighting, they turned up in late 1917.

Quote by lozlovesstrats
poems i can accept but there is no need to invoke a god in the remembrance of soldiers by praying or singing hymns

I agree with the praying, but on the hymn front, some of the hymns that we sing are very patriotic e.g. Jerusalem.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King

Hate humans? Click here
My brother repaired radios on Looking Glass for "Operation Looking Glass.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looking_Glass_(airplane)

My Dad repaired very large computers in the Air force back in the 60's...

I thanked both of them today.

Though I had intentions of joining the Air National Guard thats just not where fate took me I guess.
Quote by thedudemeister
They weren't there for most of the actual fighting, they turned up in late 1917.

Yes, like I said, one year, but 940,000 died as this was the year where (half-decent) tanks were introduced and the real push began.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Quote by Putrefaction
I would assume you're being sarcastic. What makes you think we wouldn't have a bowl for those who deserve it?

Honestly I'm conservative as shit, I just never really do anything for Veteran's day, as I'm a shut-in mostly, I was being a smartass if anything

1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
6. Listen.
Quote by Insanity^2
Yes, like I said, one year, but 940,000 died as this was the year where (half-decent) tanks were introduced and the real push began.

That's against a total of 5 1/2 million on the Allied side. So, a below average year for casualties.
The main effect of the introduction of the American Army into WW1(as oppose to the Allied commanders ideas, that American troops should be fed piecemeal into existing formations as reinforcements) was to reinvigorate the offensive. Had Pershing given way, the American troops would just have been fed into the same meatgrinder that had been the Western Front since the outbreak of war.
BUMP!!!

Veterans day is tomorrow! I'm playing the national anthem, playing guitar on Just a Dream by Carrie Underwood while two of my friends sing, and then for the finale I'm playing and singing Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd.

I'm pretty excited, so lets get this thread going again!