Alright so I have a Sony-Ericsson W580i cell phone and a few weeks ago the screen started messing up everytime I tried to text or look at something on it. I called AT&T and they shipped me a new one. It's the exact same model, color, everything. So I took the battery, smartchip, and memory stick from my old phone and put it in my new one. I turned on the new phone to find that nothing from memory stick is on it.

So I transferred aforementioned battery and such back into the old phone and turned it on. What do you know? Everything from the memory stick was on it! Can someone offer any Ideas as to why this is happening?
Quote by boreamor
Are you sure it was saved on to the memory stick?

this
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
ur stuff was saved on the phone
you have 2 go through everything u want transfered and put it back onto ur new phone
it suks but thats the only way
the phone has no internal memory to start with...that is why i had to buy a memory stick to put music and pictures on it
the stuff is on your older phone you gotta transfer the stuff that you want from your old phone to your memory card and then put it in your new phone
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
the phone has no internal memory to start with...that is why i had to buy a memory stick to put music and pictures on it

All phones have a memory.
but i know that it is not on the phone memory because when I take the stick out of the old phone while looking at my pictures, they disappear. So obvs it is on said memory stick
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
but i know that it is not on the phone memory because when I take the stick out of the old phone while looking at my pictures, they disappear. So obvs it is on said memory stick

Then to a phone repair shop you go! Highho away Silver!
i have a 580i...and i know for a fact it actually has a decent amount of internal memory...so just make sure
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"