The guy I bought my guitar from forgot the combination to the hardshell case so he just unscrewed it.. Really ticks me off. Is there anyway to figure out the combo or reset it?
you can fiqure out the combo if it is a ring type lock and there is some play between the rings. Just turn and press the ring to one side hard one at a time till all the rings move into the gap between rings and lock a bit.
there's only 999 combos, bring it to school and figure it out in class
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
sounds like your being anal about something dumb. Buy a new case or quit whining.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
there's only 999 combos, bring it to school and figure it out in class

ol sorry to double post (especially after being a jerk), speaking of being a jerk sorry to the poster, i'm in a bad mood, but honestly Irish has a good idea. I'd do that lol.
yea, doing what i said should work, one ring at a time, press sidways while you turn till the ring kind of moves sideways a bit and feels like its lined up, then do the same on the other 2 rings. When all 3 line up and it should open..
Quote by Tempoe
yea, doing what i said should work, one ring at a time, press sidways while you turn till the ring kind of moves sideways a bit and feels like its lined up, then do the same on the other 2 rings. When all 3 line up and it should open..

sounds like a good idea to me...
also if you pull on the lock when you are turning the rings (pry it gently open) it makes it easier to feel when the ring is in position! You should have no problem as most of these locks it is easy to tell when it lines up, it is quite obvious as it moves side to side more freely than any other spot on the ring.
Last edited by Tempoe at Nov 11, 2008,
Better idea:

1. find that exact case (but a brand new one)
2. unscrew the combo pad from it
3. install on yours
4. set new combo
Quote by dcvlehr
Better idea:

1. find that exact case (but a brand new one)
2. unscrew the combo pad from it
3. install on yours
4. set new combo

Good idea. I'm going to the music store today so I'll just replace it with mine.
Quote by ksmash5
Good idea. I'm going to the music store today so I'll just replace it with mine.

Cha-ching
Quote by ozzyslayer
ol sorry to double post (especially after being a jerk), speaking of being a jerk sorry to the poster, i'm in a bad mood, but honestly Irish has a good idea. I'd do that lol.

So then why don't you FIX IT?

Or stop whining.
You're*