so i have this history paper i gotta do, right? and its over the cherokee removal. i have to discuss who i think was the greatest threat to cherokee sovereignty. thing is, i have no clue where to start.

so i was thinking, just turn in a sheet of paper with the lyrics to 'run to the hills' in and cite iron maiden as my source.

thing is, that would get me an f.

so i come to the pit, asking for some help on where to start. anyone who knows anything about history, please help me. who (or what) was the greatest threat to the peace of the cherokee indians?

if the pit does come through, i will also submit an extra paper with the iron maiden lyrics under a false name.
go get a book on it.
its good to learn because knowledge is power.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
The biggest threat to the Cherokee Nation is the same as the biggest threat to all Americans today... the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT! Good Luck dude, read a book on it, really phuking disturbing.
Does this have anything to do with "Run To The Hills"? Cause if so, the song is actually about the Cree:
part of the lyrics:

- "But many came, too much for Cree.
Oh when will we ever be set free?"
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Nov 11, 2008,
1. Invent time machine
2. Go back in time to when you were dicking about instead of doing your assignments
3. Not quite sure what to do here, but it's probably not fap, unusually enough
4. Pass
Quote by damskippy
The biggest threat to the Cherokee Nation is the same as the biggest threat to all Americans today... the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT! Good Luck dude, read a book on it, really phuking disturbing.

This is the answer to your question.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
the white people came, signed some treatys with the natives there, broken them, moved them to oklahoma "indian territory", it was called the "Trail of Tears"
Pretty much the government. They forcefully had their land taken from them by the American government. At the time, Andrew Jackson was president, and he was extemely anti-Native American. Then, of course, the Trail of Tears happened.

So, like with all Native Americans, their greatest threat was the American government, especially with Andrew Jackson in the White House.

See, I actually tried to help.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Quote by maidenpriest69

Quote by maninthebox24
Pretty much the government. They forcefully had their land taken from them by the American government. At the time, Andrew Jackson was president, and he was extemely anti-Native American. Then, of course, the Trail of Tears happened.

So, like with all Native Americans, their greatest threat was the American government, especially with Andrew Jackson in the White House.

See, I actually tried to help.

thanks guys

ill be sure to also submit a spoof paper and tell you guys how it goes

maximumedit:
"But they became too much for cherokee.
Oh when will we ever be set free?"

ill do that for the paper
Last edited by jetfuel495 at Nov 11, 2008,
You might want to mention this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worcester_v._Georgia

Chief Justice John Marshall ruled that the Native Americans were federally protected from state governments, but he could not enforce it and knew it. Andrew Jackson was president at the time and supported Georgia, so, despite the Supreme Court's ruling, the federal government basically f**ked the Cherokees.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?