Ive been playing guitar for a while now, and as much as I love my dads Strat and my PRS SE Custom, neither have the features I'm looking for. Namely, a Tom Morello Setup. You know, twin Humbuckers, Killswitch(or the 2 pickups, toggle back and forth), 24 frets, floyd rose, etc. I have the needed effects, but can someone suggest a guitar with those features in the 700$ and less area?

EDIT: I also have a gutted Hagstrom guitar, if someone had any suggestions for pickups or a birdgepiece for it that could support these features please post that as well. Dont ask what make it is, all i can say is that it looks a bit like a sunburst SG, has a great neck, had the sliding switch selectors, and a Strat-ish headstock.
Last edited by Don_Leno at Nov 11, 2008,
can we get a little more info on what kinds of music you play and if you have any preference to woods
maybe an epiphone les paul? it's got the buckers and i think they are in that price range.

i dont know if any of them has 24 frets - maybe ask in your music shop?
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Quote by Don_Leno
Ive been playing guitar for a while now, and as much as I love my dads Strat and my PRS SE Custom, neither have the features I'm looking for. Namely, a Tom Morello Setup. You know, twin Humbuckers, Killswitch, 24 frets, etc. I have the needed effects, but can someone suggest a guitar with those features in th 700$ and less area?

the only guitar i've seen that comes stock with a killswitch was a cheap squier strat. you'd be better off getting a 24 fretter with humbuckers and installing the killswitch yourself.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Id say get a second hand ibanez RG with twin humbuckers and 24 frets, then buy a killswitch and get a guitar tech to install it for you seperalty.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
tom morello doesn't actually have a kill switch, he just turns one of the pickups down and uses the pickup selector
Quote by mikeyElite
the only guitar i've seen that comes stock with a killswitch was a cheap squier strat. you'd be better off getting a 24 fretter with humbuckers and installing the killswitch yourself.

You do realize you can set up your pickup selecter to create a kill switch right?
Quote by Rob_b_543
tom morello doesn't actually have a kill switch, he just turns one of the pickups down and uses the pickup selector

+1
I have just bought a Epiphone G400, and love it. It has the double 'buckers, with volume control for each, so you can play Tom Morello style, but it has only 22 frets.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by ToalNOOB
You do realize you can set up your pickup selecter to create a kill switch right?

if you have two volume knobs, yes. but he didnt say "two volume knobs" he said killswitch.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
buy a guitar with 2 volume knobs..sert one to 0 and other one 10 and then flip between pups
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Hagstrom parts, other than ebay. A good place to start is here, as I'm assuming it's a Vintage Hag, and here is where all the Vintage owners hang out.
http://pub22.bravenet.com/forum/1869638175
Main Gear
Hagstrom Select Swede- Fender C600 (modded of course) - Peavey PV8
Main Effects
- DSP2024P - MT-2 - Yamaha CO-10M - MXR Phase 90 - BBE Stinger - Ibanez BCL Bi-Mode Chorus