If I really don't use a trem that much, is it worth the money and loss of sustain to get one? How often do you all use your trem?
Also, what are your thoughts on whammy pedals?
Gibson Les Paul Special Faded with Evo bridge and PAF Joe neck. Mesa Boogie Rect-o-verb.
Quote by rokknrollldude
wrathlegion, i would like to shake hands

Quote by AllUrBase
I assume you're playing just open strings, so not to scratch your frets.
depends how much you're going to use the trem to be honest. i know that probably doesn't help much...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd say it's not worth it. You can replicate a trem (except for dive bombs) with bends. I have one on my strat, and don't use it all that often. If you really don't plan on using it that much, get a whammy pedal.
Last edited by irishstang_87 at Nov 11, 2008,
Quote by irishstang_87
I'd say it's not worth it. You can replicate a trem (except for raising notes) with bends. I have one on my strat, and don't use it all that often. If you really don't plan on using it that much, get a whammy pedal.

You remind me of this guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OONnAVIQ3I

Depends if you're gonna use the trem for phrasing/extreme pitch changes, and how much.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
to be honest i don't rly know what a trem does, instead of starting a new thread could someone plz just explain here?
Quote by canucks11
to be honest i don't rly know what a trem does, instead of starting a new thread could someone plz just explain here?

It's a floating bridge. It doesn't sit on the body of the guitar but floats in a little cavity. On double locking floating trem systems (which is pretty much what most people mean when they say trem), the strings don't go through the body, but just get clamped in at the bridge. At the nut end, they get clamped there too. This system lets you whammy either up or down without your guitar going out of tune.
When it comes to trems, if your a beginner, youl love it for the first week, then get sick of it, and realise that you sound crap when your using it, youl then pull out they whammy bar and never use it for 5 years until your good, then you will start enjoying it again.

I'd say go hardtail and maybe in the future consider purchasing one
RG's & Mesa's