I've never been much of a country guy, but man, this guy is a legitimately good guitarist. why doesn't he get much recognition?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
He is actually pretty good, he's a damn good singer too. He gets a lot of recognition, it's just mostly from teenage girls who think he's hot.
because some elitist metalheads think that country is a lesser form of music.

oh and for some good guitar, look up Johnny Hiland (I think thats his name)
Quote by AvengedFoghat
because some elitist metalheads think that country is a lesser form of music.

oh and for some good guitar, look up Johnny Hiland (I think thats his name)

Chet Atkins, too, he's a great guitarist
Quote by bored_maniac33
I've never been much of a country guy, but man, this guy is a legitimately good guitarist. why doesn't he get much recognition?

Country tends to be looked down upon in musical circles but anyone who knows what they're talking about has immense respect for the guitarists of the genre. Check out Johnny Hiland, he's a beast.

It is also true that most of the people on these boards are mid teenage metalheads who look down on anything that isn't put through a mesa amp with the gain dimed.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i used to love paisley..he is a legit guitarist; very nice playing skills
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
probably the same reason John Mayer doesn't get as much guitar recognition as he should. People just take him as a singer who happens to play guitar, not the other way around.
Paisley is a monster. Look up "Throttleneck," unless the album you bought was Fifth Gear. In which case you've probably already heard it.
I saw him on the music awards last year I think and I thought he was awesome. Haven't listened to him since though, I really don't like country
Quote by John Petrucci
When it comes to practicing, I would spend about 63 hours a day
Quote by Platinum Pro
because he's a country star and most of the people on this boards are sex driven 14 year old metal heads..... answer your question?

lol that's just funny
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by irishstang_87
He is actually pretty good, he's a damn good singer too. He gets a lot of recognition, it's just mostly from teenage girls who think he's hot.

+1

I hate most country music(not because it isnt br00talz or anything like that, im no metalhead) ive just never cared for it. He is one of the few country artists who I actually think is pretty good.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I'm not a Country fan at all but Paisley is a great guitarist.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Not just with Country, Brad can seriousely rip. He is a well respected guitarist amoung his peers from all genres of music.
I think he's pretty good, and listen to John5 on his guitar world interview he even says that country takes alot more to play than metal
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
WOW........I just checked out Johnny Hiland on you tube,unbelievable!!!!!What cd's does he have out....I'm a blues freak so please recommend which of his cd's I should get!
start listening to some more country, you will find a lot of incredible guitarists. Their phrasing is incredible, but you will learn what it is to play for a song.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Oh so that's who Johnny Hiland is. I just knew him as the "big legally blind guy". He's talented for sure.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
Quote by kenbiki
WOW........I just checked out Johnny Hiland on you tube,unbelievable!!!!!What cd's does he have out....I'm a blues freak so please recommend which of his cd's I should get!

As far as I know he only has the one CD out at the minute which is his self-titled debut album but he's also done quite a bit of session work so if you want to check out more of his playing there's a discography of it on his website. You should definitely get his album though, it's brilliant.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
It depends on where you live. I'm in southern Arkansas, which is to say he's far more common a name than any Toro or Vengeance or Malmsteen or even Jonas you can think of. He gets his recognition, don't worry.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
he's huge in country music...but like the guy said before this is a metalhead website, and most people in country music love the 3 chord song still so they dont even listen to the phenomenal guitar playing...but hes phenomenal, and his new instrumental album, Play is a testament to all the styles he pulls off
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
He gets recognition in the south, don't worry. Not only is he a great guitarist, from what I've heard his lyrics are pretty clever. Not sure if he writes em' though.
I AM MASTER OF JIGGLYPUFF.

Current Gear:
Gibson Boneyard with Bigsby
Gibson 93' Explorer W/Nailbombs
G&L 93' Legacy W/Noiseless
Gibson 95' Doublecut W/Angus Bridge

Mesa Stiletto Trident
Bogner Shiva
Mesa 2x12 & 4x12 Cabs