i was wondering anyone could reccomend some exercises that will help me to improve my speed on bass

i have been playing bass for almost a year but i have been playing guitar for longer and on bass i can play songs like murders in the rue morgue by maiden and the pot by tool, i need to improve my speed to be able to play songs like holy wars etc.
Last edited by esp-ltd at Nov 11, 2008,
just chromatics. it helped me alot (on guitar). just 1234,1234,1234,1234,4321,4321,4321,4321 (if u have a 4 string...)
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
Exactly the same exercises as a guitarist would play should be fine as long as you remember that speed is a byproduct of accuracy.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by esp-ltd
i got a five but thanks

than like 1234,1234,1234,1234,1234,5432,5432,5432,5432,5432,3456,3456,3456,3456,3456......
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
Quote by esp-ltd
i got a five but thanks

That does not make a difference.
hahahaha look at all you people posting on this forum
Quote by esp-ltd
i was wondering anyone could reccomend some exercises that will help me to improve my speed on bass

i have been playing bass for almost a year but i have been playing guitar for longer and on bass i can play songs like murders in the rue morgue by maiden and the pot by tool, i need to improve my speed to be able to play songs like holy wars etc.

bass, bad choice hehe.

On the serious note try going diagonally down the strings.
string 1- fret 3
2- fret 4
3- fret 5
4- fret 6

and then go backwards.
This one takes a fair bit of practice (on real guitar lol) but it should work the same on bass. If you use picks then try using just all down strokes going down and up gong up. Or if you feel like a challenge alternate pick each string so strin 1 is up stroke, string 2 is down etc.

Thanks, toeinator.
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=