Page 1 of 2
Ok. I've had this sore throat for about 2-3 days and it's buggin the shit out of me. It hurts when I swallow (i know haha swallow). Im a screamer in a band and we have a show on friday so what should I do to make it feel better? Help is appreciated.
Drink honey, Neocitran(the lemon tea not the strips), Rubing your throat(That's what Axl and Vince Niel did when they got a soar throat)
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Chloroform or whatever that stuff that you spray in your throat to numb it is called.
orange juice too
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Quote by Zombee
Chloroform or whatever that stuff that you spray in your throat to numb it is called.

NOT CHLOROFORM!!! chloraseptic is what your looking for i believe.
"Your just a monkey in a monkey suit, aww yeah!"-Piebald "Long Nights"
Quote by Zorro.AJ
Put your elbow in boiling water

hahahaha, what?

EDIT: haha try the chorlosceptic or whateever and ive heard honey does wonders... try getting some sleep too
Quote by MrOtter

lol try it anyway, id pay to see someone do that onstage at a gig
Quote by metaldud536
Does the toaster have to be plugged in?

Only if you're in the bath when you do it.
You're doing it all wrong you gotta open the throat and relax the jaw...

...don't forget to cup the balls.
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
Quote by seankellyultgtr
hahahaha, what?

i just thought it would be funny to put TS in more pain

mwuhahahahaha
you gonna get raped!!!!!!!

Learn to scream properly.
Quote by crazy8rgood
This, stockylachy, if i was a woman, i would want you to have my babies...

Wait...
Quote by MrOtter

Shh, the Pit likes date rape..

Yes, chloroform is the way to go, mate.
My Gear:
Yamaha FGX720SCA
Quote by MightyAl
Learn to sing.

This.

Honestly, scream vocals are girly and ruin your vocal chords.

There is no upside to scream vocals.
life is beautifuuuuooooaaaaaal
Honey and lemon tea don't actually work. It only coats the throat, and may help alleviate pain, but it won't fix the problem. You probably need antibiotics son. It is flu season after all.

EDIT: On a side note, I'm reminded of a great pick up line.

"Can you please tell me if this smells like chloroform?" *holds up cloth to person's nose*
Quote by seankellyultgtr
haha, Zorro AJ the penis in the toaster thing beats you, but nice try

couldnt TS just do both at the same time?
you gonna get raped!!!!!!!

If it's been really sore for that long, you should go see a doctor. In the mean time, gargle with warm water and salt, drink hot water with lemon, and use throat lozenges. Really though, see a doctor.

^^ Antibiotics don't work for the flu.

~Frussie

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
Quote by Ryzeke1
Honey and lemon tea don't actually work. It only coats the throat, and may help alleviate pain, but it won't fix the problem. You probably need antibiotics son. It is flu season after all.

Flu is NOT cured by antibiotics. Ever.
Quote by Ryzeke1

way to be, flu is a virus
Quote by MightyAl
Flu is NOT cured by antibiotics. Ever.

You're right, but point being, he should see a doctor first. Especially if it's been near three days of pain.
Quote by Ryzeke1
You're right, but point being, he should see a doctor first. Especially if it's been near three days of pain.

Oh yes, but it's not unknown for doctors to prescribe antibiotics to people who insist that they need them, to make them shut up and go away. And that's really not a good thing.
Note - Good advice:

Gargle salt water every so often, followed by warm milk with honey in it, followed by throat sweets, continuously for a couple of days. You'll be fine come Friday.
Quote by System4321
Fap...

if not then strepsils or summit

hahaha my God, I swear this is offered as a response in every damn thread!
Quote by Zombee
hahaha my God, I swear this is offered as a response in every damn thread!

Yea, I'm sick of people responding to threads going "strepsils, mate".
Quote by MightyAl
Oh yes, but it's not unknown for doctors to prescribe antibiotics to people who insist that they need them, to make them shut up and go away. And that's really not a good thing.

Yeah this is true. But, we're not looking down this guy's throat, we can't see shit, and we're not doctors. He needs to go to the doctor, coming here for advice isn't going to help him, because he's just going to get recommendations for common remedies. The guy should go to the doctor just to rule out other things.

~Frussie

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
Quote by Nirvana_rocks73
Yeah this is true. But, we're not looking down this guy's throat, we can't see shit, and we're not doctors. He needs to go to the doctor, coming here for advice isn't going to help him, because he's just going to get recommendations for common remedies. The guy should go to the doctor just to rule out other things.

~Frussie

So it's agreed then?

GO TO A DOCTOR MON!
Ive had that, one, I suggest, not singing, or trying to sing until then, keep talking to a minimum and tak strepsils thingss (Y)

It's what I did
Quote by Slinov
i love you

I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
eat lots of candy and dr pepper, also keep screaming as loud as you can. that way when you have to sing a little quieter, youll throat will be used to singing loud and it wont hurt
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
rub a cheese grater against your throat and smoke lots of cigs
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Page 1 of 2